Vincent Parrett

DPM Package Manager - presentation

I'm going to stick with DPM, I'm exhausted from look at all the suggestions (not just here, on the ADUG email list too) 😉 

• Haha 1

Vincent, it's time well spent listening to the ADUG presentation, you have a clear understanding of what would make a good product, well presented, with so little fuss.

Edited by David Champion

7 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

waden = want a damn exclusive name

Many years ago, I used a contractor whose company name was Solfan. (Sick Of Looking For A Name)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, David Champion said:

Vincent, it's time well spent listening to the ADUG presentation, you have a clear understanding of what would make a good product, well presented, with so little fuss.

Thanks David, I've been thinking about this issue with libraries etc for a very long time (I originally started on this in 2013 but was thinking about it long before then)! 

6 hours ago, Bill Meyer said:

Many years ago, I used a contractor whose company name was Solfan. (Sick Of Looking For A Name)

That's gold 🤣

27 minutes ago, Vincent Parrett said:

That's gold 🤣

I got  the whole story,  which took minutes to relate. I don't recall now how many names they thought up, only to find on a name search that they were taken. One at a time, and each time a trip to the registration office.

13 minutes ago, Bill Meyer said:

I got  the whole story,  which took minutes to relate. I don't recall now how many names they thought up, only to find on a name search that they were taken. One at a time, and each time a trip to the registration office.

I can understand that, when I started my business back in 1997 I had the same issue.. add to that finding a domain name that wasn't taken! It's almost impossible to find a good domain name these days unless you make up a new word. 

• Like 2

Sometimes I've spotted domain names that were unused, and I wondered if I should be squatting - but - I decided against it.

I do wish I grabbed some two decades back, though.