Sign in to follow this  
Darian Miller

Delphi Programming - how it started, how it's going.

How it started. A brilliant tool that was miles ahead of anything else in its main sector. 

How it's going. A huge pile of bugs that is falling further and further behind the competition.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 3

45 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

How it started. A brilliant tool that was miles ahead of anything else in its main sector. 

How it's going. A huge pile of bugs that is falling further and further behind the competition.

I've tried a few times to write a decent reply... I'll just leave it at:   Whatever dude.

• Like 2

How dare you! (That's for the young people here)

David is what we call here, and very likely all around the world people call such guys, a K&R C beast from head to toe.

David is still missing the 'Link with errors' feature to get his projects finished. I heard worse tongues whispering behind his back, that his Delphi programs consist of just one function starting with the keyword asm returning an invalid pointer to a corrupted heap or null/NIL to the command-line. In general I think he is one of the most advanced Delphi programmers visible and commenting in public on a regular basis, thus spreading wisdom and sophisticated knowledge all across the developer world.

Let us enjoy his presence and listen to his words.

15 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

I've tried a few times to write a decent reply... I'll just leave it at:   Whatever dude.

Needless to say, since Nick turned on UAC on his PC almost nothing left to complain about remained. He's right, but on a contrary in IT a world that just sold it's future just around the corner the day before yesterday the difference betreen miles ahead or miles away is a pretty slight.

• Haha 1

What I am using the most

32-bit console or VCL for image.png.3a5e17030a0237046e96d66243a790db.png

due to the shite debuggers for 64-bit platforms.

3 hours ago, MichaelT said:

How dare you! (That's for the young people here)

David is what we call here, and very likely all around the world people call such guys, a K&R C beast from head to toe.

David is still missing the 'Link with errors' feature to get his projects finished. I heard worse tongues whispering behind his back, that his Delphi programs consist of just one function starting with the keyword asm returning an invalid pointer to a corrupted heap or null/NIL to the command-line. In general I think he is one of the most advanced Delphi programmers visible and commenting in public on a regular basis, thus spreading wisdom and sophisticated knowledge all across the developer world.

Let us enjoy his presence and listen to his words.

Needless to say, since Nick turned on UAC on his PC almost nothing left to complain about remained. He's right, but on a contrary in IT a world that just sold it's future just around the corner the day before yesterday the difference betreen miles ahead or miles away is a pretty slight.

I'll need some more mushrooms to fully decipher that.

• Haha 3