dkprojektai

Debugger does not start on 360 total security

Hello, found interesting problem. Tried to run Delphi Rio debugger on simple 32bit program (just form and nothing else) - and it do not not start. :)

Problem was on antivirus...

360 total security - Details: 
Process: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\bin\bds.exe   Add Process to Trust List
Action: Remote thread injection
Path: C:\Users\Donatas\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\Projects\Win32\Debug\Project1.exe
Suspicious file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\bin\android64debugide260.bpl
Protection information: AD|10, 10, -1|37C394D4165329DD77ED30CEE012408E|<sha1>f4667e3ce43b74f988044661c9a73c88e63f85fa</sha1>

Is there real problem or just a bug ?

29 minutes ago, dkprojektai said:

Is there real problem or just a bug ?

This is not a bug, this might be problem for you as user of antivirus, as many AV rightfully block a debuggers to protect you.

You have to configure your AV to allow your debugger to run, in case you couldn't, then you should contact the AV support to get a workaround, it is not Embarcadero or Rad studio fault for once.

6 minutes ago, Stano said:

I'm interested in which AV?

I said: "360 total security ".

11 minutes ago, dkprojektai said:

I have changed it to NOD.

I use the antivirus built in Windows 10 with great success. It is in the box... Never had any issue with it.

I use KIS and sometime I do got some issue (such yours) ... But usually all works great when I edit the trust list. 

34 minutes ago, dkprojektai said:

I have changed it to NOD. IT was impossible to add to exception list. Don't know why.

Make sure you're running it as Admin.

23 minutes ago, FPiette said:

I use the antivirus built in Windows 10 with great success. It is in the box... Never had any issue with it.

The last time when I tried it, it was far far than any other AV. Good to hear that you're having a great experience with it.

3 minutes ago, Mahdi Safsafi said:

I use KIS and sometime I do got some issue (such yours) ... But usually all works great when I edit the trust list. 

Make sure you're running it as Admin.

I did, but it did not help.

5 hours ago, FPiette said:

I said: "360 total security ".

I had no idea it was the name AV. I know Windows Defender :classic_smile:
360 "pointed" to Norton 360. That's why my question.

my case:

Kaspersky IS  2021 nothing problem at all.

but... rarelly... when compiling a project (basic VCL) ... with nothing  special, sometime a simple ShowMessage added and the antivirus say that my .exe is a trojan ... all of the nothing...

then I have allow that it do the scanning, delete file and restart my pc, else... nothing is possible "in this project"

thats crazy man!

Note: artificial intelligence has dulled software lately!

Edited by Guest

12 hours ago, emailx45 said:

my case:

Kaspersky IS  2021 nothing problem at all.

but... rarelly... when compiling a project (basic VCL) ... with nothing  special, sometime a simple ShowMessage added and the antivirus say that my .exe is a trojan ... all of the nothing...

then I have allow that it do the scanning, delete file and restart my pc, else... nothing is possible "in this project"

thats crazy man!

Note: artificial intelligence has dulled software lately!

Sometimes I had it too with 360 total security. One time rebuild helps, another Delphi restart 🙂