FPiette

Logitech Gaming LED SDK for Delphi

Using Logitech Gaming LED SDK, you'll be able to make illuminations on your Logitech hardware supporting that feature. For example, you may assign colors to keys on the keyboard, make it flash or pulse. Download full source code from GitHub.

Example of console mode program making the keyboard pulse during 5 seconds:

uses
    System.SysUtils,
    LogitechLedLib in 'LogitechLedLib.pas';
begin
    WriteLn('Your keyboard is pulsing for 5 seconds...');
    LogiLed.LoadLedEngine();
    LogiLed.InitWithName('Logitech LED Delphi Console Demo');
    LogiLed.SetTargetDevice(LOGI_DEVICETYPE_ALL);
    LogiLed.PulseLighting(100, 90, 60, 5000, 200);
    WriteLn('Hit RETURN');
    ReadLn;
    LogiLed.Shutdown();
end.

Of course you are not limited to a console mode program. You can make VCL or FMX as well, either 32 or 64 bits. There is a VCL application in the repository showing some of the features.

To deploy your application, you need a Logitech hardware (Almost all with lightning: keyboard, mouse, headset,...). And you need the Logitech SDK DLL to be deployed which is easily done by installing "Logitech G HUB" application that is used to configure Logitech hardware.

• Like 1

If I knew that there is this terrible ideal of putting RGB in everything, I would like him to take COVID19, for sure!  :classic_angry:

• What was supposed to be a detail, became fashionable in everything!

14 minutes ago, emailx45 said:

What was supposed to be a detail, became fashionable in everything!

Yeah. I recently was looking to buy a new keyboard for my daughter. Since I'm a bit of a keyboard freak (I'm typing this on an IBM model M keyboard) I wanted a mechanical keyboard of good build quality. Well it turns out that it's near impossible to find a good mechanical keyboard worth it's price unless it's a "gaming keyboard" - i.e. with full RGB. Ironically if there's anybody that absolutely does not want to get distracted by flashing lights on their keyboard it's professional gamers. They're a useless as Anne Frank's drum set.

FWIW I ended up buying a Logitech G513 with Romer-G tactile switches at a bargain.

I bough a RGB led keyboard just to have the key slightly red which helps typing in the dark.

Nevertheless, I find it may be interesting to catch user attention with keyboard illumination for example illuminating the keys the user is allowed to type at a given moment.

my preference, if necessary lead to the ultimate consequences:

• Open the keyboard, and:
    • forcefully turn off RGB - cut or burn all connectors
    • if it is not possible, because everything is interconnected ... pick up a 30Kg sledgehammer and beat down!

for the dark, use my bat-glasses with infrared system that Batman lent me ...  :classic_cheerleader:

Edited by Guest

56 minutes ago, FPiette said:

I bough a RGB led keyboard just to have the key slightly red which helps typing in the dark.

Well my alternate keyboard, the one I use when I'm traveling or need USB connection (the IBM keyboard only has the old PS/2 connector and draws too much power to boot reliably from USB :classic_huh:) has blue illumination with variable intensity. Blue is pretty but I'd much prefer red as it's easier on the eyes when it's dark.

1 hour ago, FPiette said:

Nevertheless, I find it may be interesting to catch user attention with keyboard illumination for example illuminating the keys the user is allowed to type at a given moment.

Yeah, I can think of some applications too but then the user isn't really supposed to be looking at the keyboard so I think I'll file that idea under "sounds like a good idea, but..."

my keyboard is +/- 7U$ none more to use day ny day and player games like RDR2

it's good for me.

NOTE: My RGB is my fan with just blue light in my case!  :classic_cheerleader:

image.thumb.png.a1529ca95337a12ad904bdf45c97b316.png    image.thumb.png.369c5473a9a37ec3fed491591934bfb2.png

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Anders Melander said:

Blue is pretty but I'd much prefer red as it's easier on the eyes when it's dark.

Yes, indeed. That's the reason I adjusted mine to red with low brightness.

If yours is a Logitech keyboard, you can use my work on the Logitech Gaming LED SDK to change color and intensity 🙂

Of much simpler, use "Logitech G HUB" application to do that.

If it's not a Logitech, maybe it uses the same API or has an application do adjust.

I have a 14 year old grandson. The most important thing in the world is that all PC components light up and flash:classic_cheerleader: He is still thinking about LED strips:classic_blink: I'd have an epileptic seizure:classic_laugh:
 I do not look at the keyboard as you type:classic_sleep:
Red light: was / it used? for lighting aircraft cockpits, etc. The reason is the quick adaptation of the eyes when the cockpit changes from the cockpit to the dark and vice versa.

Edited by Stano

2 hours ago, FPiette said:

If it's not a Logitech, maybe it uses the same API or has an application do adjust.

It's a QPAD MK-80 so not a RGB keyboard; It's blue or nothing.

It's using Cherry MX Blue switches (tactile+click - the closest I could come to the IBM model M) and AFAIR it wasn't possible to get RGB with those switches back when I bought it.

I fell in love with A4Tech products since I bought my first, which was a A4Tech 4D+ dual scroll PS/2 mouse way back in high school. With only a small amount of exceptions, ergonomically they suited me the best.

Although I didn't have a desktop PC for 15+ years now, when my mouse died I felt lucky that the XL-750BK was still available. At work I also changed my keyboard with the G800V I had laying around at home. They are also marked as "gaming" products but no fancy RGB, only keys which can be macroed and higher resolution / data transfer rates.

If I'll have to change again, I'll look into A4Tech first for sure.