at3s

Error while building an Android application in Delphi 10.4 Sydney

An Android application compiles fine in Delphi 10.3.3 Rio, but after I've migrated to Delphi 10.4 Sydney I started to get an error:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\CatalogRepository\AndroidNDK-21-21.0.37889.9797\android-ndk-r21\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static

Has anyone something similar?

my tip:

• my tip main: DONT INSTALL THE SOFTWARES IN FOLDERS WITH LONG-NAME
    • reason: PATH variable on system operating!
    • mainly software like SDK/NDK that use many "tree-nodes" in your default "installation"
  • Android SDK/NDK is not "installed" in your system... just unziped and copyed to your disk!
    • then, you can copy it from any other pc with same versions and updates (if necessary) using SDKManager.exe in SDK Windows folder
  • As "IT" is not installed, just copyed, then, you can have it in any disk or folder
    • try copy to another place with shor-name, like:  C:\SDKs\.... or D:\SDKs\...
    • if you want try, you can just delete this whole directory (..\\AndroidNDK-21-21.0.37889.9797\) or copy to another place with shor-name, like:  C:\SDKs\.... or D:\SDKs\...
    • try dont use this "horrible-root-name" AndroidNDK-21-21.0.37889.9797 -- change it for: NDK21  (NDK is Android, 21 is Sydney)
      • same for SDK for MSWindows used by Android!
  • for last, use your IDE (menu SDK Manager) to re-config your paths for Android setup.

Last note: RAD 10.4 Sydney is a traged! if possible stay on RAD 10.3.3 Rio

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, emailx45 said:

my tip:

• my tip main: DONT INSTALL THE SOFTWARES IN FOLDERS WITH LONG-NAME
    • reason: PATH variable on system operating!
    • mainly software like SDK/NDK that use many "tree-nodes" in your default "installation"
  • Android SDK/NDK is not "installed" in your system... just unziped and copyed to your disk!
    • then, you can copy it from any other pc with same versions and updates (if necessary) using SDKManager.exe in SDK Windows folder
  • As "IT" is not installed, just copyed, then, you can have it in any disk or folder
    • try copy to another place with shor-name, like:  C:\SDKs\.... or D:\SDKs\...
    • if you want try, you can just delete this whole directory (..\\AndroidNDK-21-21.0.37889.9797\) or copy to another place with shor-name, like:  C:\SDKs\.... or D:\SDKs\...
    • try dont use this "horrible-root-name" AndroidNDK-21-21.0.37889.9797 -- change it for: NDK21  (NDK is Android, 21 is Sydney)
      • same for SDK for MSWindows used by Android!
  • for last, use your IDE (menu SDK Manager) to re-config your paths for Android setup.

Last note: RAD 10.4 Sydney is a traged! if possible stay on RAD 10.3.3 Rio

Thanks, but your propositions did not help: I've created a hard link D:\SDKs\SDK-25 and D:\NDKs\NDK-21, but I still get the same error.

[DCC Error] E2597 D:\NDKs\NDK-21\android-ndk-r21\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: error: cannot find -lgnustl_static

Any idea?

the "magic" dont happens so easy!

if your files is not ok!

try on the order passed!

if dont have another Android SDK/NDK to copy from another pc, try "remove it and re-insalled" by RAD installer

if not possible, install your RAD in a VM and copy the Android SDK/NDK

if not possible, install the Android Studio by https://developer.android.com/studio

if not possible, hey friend, before "format c 😄", try a RAD re-install (delete all residual files and keys on Regedit --- if your license allow it)

if not possible, it's a bad news! 

1 hour ago, at3s said:

Yes - are you perhaps using an older version of the Grijjy Error Reporting code? The error in question was happening before they updated this unit:

https://github.com/grijjy/JustAddCode/blob/master/ErrorReporting/Grijjy.ErrorReporting.pas

Otherwise, you'd need to detail exactly what you're compiling and perhaps include a reproducible example.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Yes - are you perhaps using an older version of the Grijjy Error Reporting code? The error in question was happening before they updated this unit:

https://github.com/grijjy/JustAddCode/blob/master/ErrorReporting/Grijjy.ErrorReporting.pas

Otherwise, you'd need to detail exactly what you're compiling and perhaps include a reproducible example.

Exactly! I'm using this unit. But I do not see any newer versions of this unit on github.

2 hours ago, at3s said:

An Android application compiles fine in Delphi 10.3.3 Rio, but after I've migrated to Delphi 10.4 Sydney I started to get an error:

Adopting the OpenJDK for Delphi Android Development - already used by Embarcadero at reason of Oracle license 

https://www.barnsten.com/adopting-the-openjdk-for-delphi-android-development/

Edited by Guest

32 minutes ago, at3s said:

I do not see any newer versions of this unit on github

It could be due to the version of the NDK. Try changing: 'libgnustl_static.a' to 'libc++abi.a'

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

It could be due to the version of the NDK. Try changing: 'libgnustl_static.a' to 'libc++abi.a'

I'm sorry, but where I have to change it?

45 minutes ago, at3s said:

I'm sorry, but where I have to change it?

In the unit we've been discussing:

image.thumb.png.7ae81bdf49889553643c9481b46b0220.png

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dave Nottage said:

In the unit we've been discussing:

image.thumb.png.7ae81bdf49889553643c9481b46b0220.png

Thank you, this solution works.

Delphi 10.4 (finally) switched to a new version of the Android NDK. The GNU-STL had been deprecated for a long time, and Delphi finally switched to libc++.

Thanks for pointing this out. I will make the change in the official repo.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 8:03 AM, at3s said:

Thank you, this solution works.

Hello, I have the same problem, how did you manage to solve this?
Where should I make the change?
Thank you

4 hours ago, Bertifox said:

Where should I make the change?

As per the earlier replies, in Grijjy.ErrorReporting.pas. Please read the replies to see exactly where in that unit, and what to change.

2 minutes ago, at3s said:

Erik@Grijjy already done required changes:

Weird.. I could have sworn when I checked earlier there had not been any commits for that file since my first reply. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Dave Nottage said:

Weird.. I could have sworn when I checked earlier there had not been any commits for that file since my first reply. Thanks!

image.thumb.png.07d924a1f61f98b3dfdaa70288a2037e.png

Yup, he did it on Dec 21, 2020

• Like 2