Dave Millington (personal)

ANN: Parnassus Parallel Debugger

1 hour ago, Kas Ob. said:

i want to suggest that you make tutorials with videos to cover this in great detail, as there is so many developers using Delphi for many years, yet they wasted huge time on small bugs due to lack of understanding on how to use debugger, how read the stack, how thread naming should be used....

I second that, but as always I would prefer text + screen shots over a video because it's searchable and I can easily jump between the parts that are currently important for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Do you have any idea why the installation gets stuck on "Installing library Parnassus CodeEditor..." ?

I tried install it like 10 times and never finished installation, it dow=es not matter whether I run IDE in admin mode or not, it is always the same.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, Slappy said:

any idea why the installation gets stuck on "Installing library Parnassus CodeEditor..." ?

No idea! Installation there are part of GetIt. The plugin installs several DLLs, and that one is a shared DLL also used by Bookmarks and Navigator. Do you have either of those installed?

If it persists I'd contact Support.

Hi,

I would like to try the tool, but it's not in my GetIt. Where can I find it?

Regards

Bernd

17 hours ago, Bernd66 said:

Hi,

I would like to try the tool, but it's not in my GetIt. Where can I find it?

Regards

Bernd

You need to be on a subscription, and using 10.4.1.

• Like 1

@David MillingtonThe features of Parnassus Debugger are great, but I am getting assertion errors with the Parnassus Debugger and Delphi 10.4.2.  I am also getting Index out of bounds errors.  These occurred while debugging simple Vcl apps (nothing fancy) and they don't occur in the absence of the Parnassus Debugger.

image.png.6b33e1fb3f33d2e0ce0fb2d67554368c.png

Is https://quality.embarcadero.com/ the right place to report issues related to the Parnassus Debugger.

• Like 2

That is the right place. Thanks!

Those errors are in the debugger itself, not the Parallel Debugger plugin... but the plugin stresses / uses the debugger a lot more than the IDE does, so it's more likely to find issues when they exist 😞 Sorry about that.

Please file bugs with debugger logs turned on, so we can solve them: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Enabling_logging_for_the_RAD_Studio_debuggers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

David,
Is this going to be released for Delphi 12 or has it been abandoned?

On 12/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, Slappy said:

Do you have any idea why the installation gets stuck on "Installing library Parnassus CodeEditor..." ?

I tried install it like 10 times and never finished installation, it dow=es not matter whether I run IDE in admin mode or not, it is always the same.

UAC lurking in the task bar, asking for installation permission? 

Been hit by that few times....

-Tee-