lefjucabro

Application is freezing after updating

Hello,

I started to develop an Android application with Delphi Tokyo, the application works on any devices.

Then I developed the update with Delphi Rio and I have some issues when updating the application on some devices: the application freezes when opening. I had to remove application, delete files, restart the device and reinstall the application. On a new device or a device that has never had the application, I didn't have any problem. Due to lack of time, I could not solve this problem.

Now I'm developing a new update on Delphi Sydney, the problem is still there and it's gotten worse: all of updated devices don't work. On a new device or a device that has never had the application, I don't have any problem again.

It's a weird thing and I don't have any clue...

Regards

all it's possible!!!!

my "killer" tip:

1) create a new project in the new IDE

2) add your "old" units/forms etc...

3) verify setup necessary for your app

4) run it in DEBUG mode

5) test each action - from simple to more hard action

6) see my post, here on forum, about use Wifi to run your Debug if you have problem in use USB cable.

hug

Thank for your answer emailx45.

I did 1) to 5) easily :classic_biggrin: I can run and debug with the usb cable without any problems. All features are working normally on my devices.

I deployed this version for tests on PlayStore: it always working normally on my devices but it doesn't work on my clients devices.

I checked informations on PlayConsole and I have a warning: non compatible API :classic_huh:

Landroid/view/MotionEvent;-><init>()V

I hardly found informations about this and I don't know if my issue comes from this.

I read articles you gave to me but I can't see what informations could resolve my issue :classic_unsure:

In my AndroidManifest, minSdkVersion is 23 and targetSdkVersion is 29, that should be OK.

16 hours ago, lefjucabro said:

In my AndroidManifest, minSdkVersion is 23 and targetSdkVersion is 29, that should be OK.

Any Android app doesn't necessarily run on all devices and all android versions. It all depends on Android version and SDK version.

You can safely use minSdkVersion="19" in Manifest in Delphi Sydney and it will run on more devices. From my tests the app will run on Android 11 to Android 7

Solved freezing when launching the app. :classic_cool:

Have to add following line in AndroidManifestTemplate:

android:requestLegacyExternalStorage="true"