Sure you have. Apparently you haven't tried without USE_SSL or with OPENSSL_USE_RESOURCE_STRINGS define haven't you?

Very few ICS applications work without SSL, so testing without SSL and without many of the other obscure settings is very low priority, done only before major releases or when people actually report specific problems, which I don't recall you doing previously.   I will test without USE_SSL before the next release and fix any issues.

Angus

BTW, the USE_SSL conditional is a historical curiosity from 15 years when SSL support was optional. Today it's only purpose is to make programs that don't need SSL a little smaller, but makes the source code bloated and hard to maintain, all new ICS components only build with USE_SSL.  So future support of USE_SSL is unlikely, it wastes too much of my time.

Angus

11 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

Today it's only purpose is to make programs that don't need SSL a little smaller, but makes the source code bloated and hard to maintain, all new ICS components only build with USE_SSL.  So future support of USE_SSL is unlikely, it wastes too much of my time.

Very sad to hear that 😞

31 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

when people actually report specific problems, which I don't recall you doing previously

I'm not reporting, I provided patch instead 🙂

@Angus Robertson

btw plz don't take my words as offense or something, I didn't mean anything of that sort... Still hard for me to keep emotional or politeness nuances in English.

4 minutes ago, FPiette said:

Maybe @Fr0sT.Brutal is volunteer to verify ICS without SSL enabled for each new version? That would be wonderful?

Yep, no problem while the integration isn't too deep. I'll try to keep closer with recent changes.

• Like 2

I'm not reporting, I provided patch instead

I don't use patches that have no explanation of their purpose or from unknown versions of ICS.  But I will check my next build finds the same fixes.

Angus

14 hours ago, Angus Robertson said:

I don't use patches that have no explanation of their purpose or from unknown versions of ICS.  But I will check my next build finds the same fixes.

Explanation: achieve compilability (tested on XE2)

Version: latest from 17.12's SVN

All your changes, and some other USE_SSL issues, were in SVN last night. The final release is today once I complete the documentation.

Angus

• Thanks 1