Celso Henrique

Delphi Code-Insight problems

Can someone explain to me why you ruined Code Insight? I was very satisfied with this feature in the Tokyo version, but now, in Sydney, it has stopped working!

I can no longer see the properties, procedures or functions of a simple StringList!!!

Sem título.png

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Celso Henrique said:

Can someone explain to me why you ruined Code Insight? I was very satisfied with this feature in the Tokyo version, but now, in Sydney, it has stopped working!

I can no longer see the properties, procedures or functions of a simple StringList!!!

CodeInsight was radically changed with the implemention of a Language Server Protocol host as the default Code Insight provider.

You can change this in:  Tools->Options->User Interface->Editor->Source->Code Insight

You are able to switch back to "Delphi (Classic Code Insight)"  

I assume you are on an early version of 10.4 Sydney.  The latest version 10.4 Sydney Update 1 and Patch #1 provide major improvements to Code Insight.  You can see a list of recent updates here: https://github.com/ideasawakened/DelphiKB/wiki/Delphi-Master-Release-List

I suggest you update to 10.4.1 and then apply latest patches as Code Insight is much better.

• Like 1

Unfortunately it is still lousy. That's why I use CnPack

2 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

CodeInsight was radically changed with the implemention of a Language Server Protocol host as the default Code Insight provider.

You can change this in:  Tools->Options->User Interface->Editor->Source->Code Insight

You are able to switch back to "Delphi (Classic Code Insight)"  

I assume you are on an early version of 10.4 Sydney.  The latest version 10.4 Sydney Update 1 and Patch #1 provide major improvements to Code Insight.  You can see a list of recent updates here: https://github.com/ideasawakened/DelphiKB/wiki/Delphi-Master-Release-List

I suggest you update to 10.4.1 and then apply latest patches as Code Insight is much better.

I am using version 10.4.1 and I am using the "Classic Code Insight".

I tried a lot of different settings before post the message. 

code.PNG

Sorry to hear that... the classic is supposed to be backwards compatible with the prior version.  I would recommend opening an issue on the quality portal.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, Celso Henrique said:

the problems is in use :  "class ..." for this task!

try dont use it (FOR WHILE Embarcadero dont fix it) when creating your procedure! later... put it!

image.thumb.png.f5e42717d6d9d65334e13c44c598e25c.png

hug

Edited by Guest

Unbelievable!!! I could swear that you were kidding, but no, this is true!!!

Thanks @emailx45, but the procedures are created by function "Complete Class at Cursor (Shift + Ctrl + C)". Remove this every time will decrease my productivity, for sure!

not problem! as the "developer" know it, just "{class} procedure ProcessarMapas;" on "Implementation" secction solve all!

later:  "class procedure ProcessarMapas;"  remove "{ }"!

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Celso Henrique said:

Now I have to change my code pattern to avoid mistakes from Embarcadero developers.

You should also consider to enter a QP ticket for this. I believe for this case there is no ticket yet.

ask myself, for "what case" is not have a ticket on RAD 10.4.x!!! :classic_wacko:

On 12/29/2020 at 6:34 PM, emailx45 said:

ask myself, for "what case" is not have a ticket on RAD 10.4.x!!! :classic_wacko:

Reasonable pricing 🙂 And reasonable discounts for longtime customers (subscriptors)

We also created some tickets about the new LSP, and i really really wonder how the tested the new LSP,  so many bugs in it what makes it unusable, and then if you switch back to thel old code insight, all the bugs are still there.

it's a shame. 

Edited by mvanrijnen

New LSP is unusable, and even old Code Insight is broken! New bugs in code editor were introduced. And they call 10.4.1 release - a quality release (WTF?)!

The update to version 10.4.2 will help in part

I'm so sorry. I made a mistake:classic_blush: I have 10.4.1. I've already been notified.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:15 AM, mvanrijnen said:

Reasonable pricing 🙂 And reasonable discounts for longtime customers (subscriptors)

We also created some tickets about the new LSP, and i really really wonder how the tested the new LSP,  so many bugs in it what makes it unusable, and then if you switch back to thel old code insight, all the bugs are still there.

it's a shame. 

It looks like to me that they didn't any test. We are the Embarcadero testers, for free.

37 minutes ago, Celso Henrique said:

It looks like to me that they didn't any test. We are the Embarcadero testers, for free.

For free? Oh no, I am paying for it! 🙂

• Like 1

Millions of lines of code keep me tethered to Delphi.

My employer is paying for it, but the lack of viable alternatives keeps us here, bugs or not.

Yet, I predict there is .NET projects eating into my schedule in my near future.

I.e. a fresh, new set of bugs to learn to work around.

• Haha 2