Dalija Prasnikar

Delphi Event-based and Asynchronous Programming eBook complete version released

Final version of my eBook Delphi Event-based and Asynchronous Programming has been released - 291 pages.

You can find more information and purchase option at: https://dalija.prasnikar.info/delphiebap/index.html

Thanks to all of you who purchased the incomplete pre-release version (179 pages) of my eBook!

After a minor delay, the full version is here! You can download it through the same PDF/epub/mobi links that you have received earlier from FastSpring via email. 

The subject line of that email message was: "Your Delphi Event-based and Asynchronous Programming - Part I Delivery Information".

If you have any problems, feel free to contact me via the contact form on my site.

Thanks again!

Happy Holidays to you all! :classic_smile:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations and wish you success.

Only i don't understand this, did you added +100 page and finished a book, then released it in one month and called this a delay ?

How could you call that a delay ?!

Tell us the secret, i bet you had multitasked that 🙂

Simply put, that is impressive.

And congratulations again.

@Dalija Prasnikar

Thanks, its complete now 👍

I could download only the PDF-Version, not ePUB and MOBI, is that correct ?

Anyway, I prefer PDF anyway, but I never know what eReader gadgets I will buy in the future.

5 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

@Dalija Prasnikar

I could download only the PDF-Version, not ePUB and MOBI, is that correct ?

Anyway, I prefer PDF anyway, but I never know what eReader gadgets I will buy in the future.

It looks like the download link was not reset properly for the original version buyers. It should work now! If you're still having problems, please contact us through the website form at dalija.prasnikar.info. We may need additional information.

15 hours ago, Kas Ob. said:

Congratulations and wish you success.

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Kas Ob. said:

Only i don't understand this, did you added +100 page and finished a book, then released it in one month and called this a delay ?

How could you call that a delay ?!

About the delay... the final release was originally planned for December 11, but I had a minor accident on November 30, and ended up in ER, where I also tested positive for COVID! In less than a week whole family got infected. We all had mild symptoms and were left at home with no treatment., but living was pretty hectic for most of the following two weeks... Anyway, we managed to release it about 16 days later than expected (I already had a lot of it written before, just not fully ready for release)

I would say that all this is behind us, as it is... but as you may have heard it... Croatia got hit by major earthquake today. This one was 50km from Zagreb where we're located, but it was 30 times stronger than the one that hit Zagreb in March. After 6.2 by Richter scale, local Nuclear Power Plant (Krsko) was shut down, and power is all but stable, which is why I may not be online as regularly as before in the coming days!

Take care of yourself and your family and stay safe, health what does matter, so i wish you good health as well as all those suffering in your country.

On 12/29/2020 at 9:44 PM, Dalija Prasnikar said:

It looks like the download link was not reset properly for the original version buyers.

Now the download works for all content types, thanks again, great book.

I'm using async, event and message based approach for some years now very successfully.

Its good to have such a summary, where you pointed out some general pitfalls and the basic foundation for reactive apps in general.

I like the "incorrect/correct code" approach in your book, which make it much more readable and comparable to me.

Please take a good rest over the current holidays, to get some new ideas and regain energy.

Since I hope to see many more of such books from you in the next year :classic_smile:

• Thanks 2

@Dalija Prasnikar

i have a big problem with your book / link...

i dont buyed it and i cannot download it then i can get it for-free?.  :classic_blink::classic_cheerleader:

hug

15 hours ago, emailx45 said:

@Dalija Prasnikar

i have a big problem with your book / link...

i dont buyed it and i cannot download it then i can get it for-free?.  :classic_blink::classic_cheerleader:

hug

Eh? Imagine how people who pay would feel if I start giving it away :classic_smile:

Anyway, if this would be bread and you would be hungry, I'd give you a loaf without thinking twice, but it's not. As much as I'd like to think it is, this book is not really something you can't live without, so... Sorry...

And about hugs... My husband expressed his wish to have a private chat with you... you'd better lay low for a while :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

Congrats!  Are you working on publishing a print version?  

Not yet, as we have a backlog of other projects that piled up in the meantime. I had COVID and the earthquake hit the region again on December 29. None of this helped my keep my planned schedule. I do plan to release paperback eventually, but can't tell exactly when.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

I had COVID and the earthquake hit the region again on December 29.

I hope you are fully recovered, and that you and your family are ok!

5 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

I hope you are fully recovered, and that you and your family are ok!

Me and my family are fine, now. Thanks!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

if this would be bread and you would be hungry, I'd give you a loaf without thinking twice, but it's not

You could give him a single slice of this bread (i.e. one chapter) 🙂

6 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

And about hugs... My husband expressed his wish to have a private chat with you... you'd better lay low for a while :classic_smile:

if my "hug" was specifically for I have to say that ypu are wrong. in my post normally I end with "hug" for man or woman.

and in relation your husband i see that you and he is very insecure and you really is not a beatifull woman, and would say, exotic in max.

I love Nordic womens :)))) , really have what i see of beauty... 

stay calm, you re really is not beautifull for me. and your style stay a little hard think about.

came on, "a private with me" really is not "type".

COVID's family are crazy

hug in you and he (behind ... very long distance)

Edited by Guest

I also have some issues with these clown selling-platforms. I wen't through the check-out 2 times but all they ask is a name, company name and an email address

and no word about invoice or anything. Are you selling it only to private persons?

7 hours ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Not yet, as we have a backlog of other projects that piled up in the meantime. I had COVID and the earthquake hit the region again on December 29. None of this helped my keep my planned schedule. I do plan to release paperback eventually, but can't tell exactly when.

Ok, I'll get the electronic version.  Thanks!

9 hours ago, Attila Kovacs said:

I also have some issues with these clown selling-platforms. I wen't through the check-out 2 times but all they ask is a name, company name and an email address

and no word about invoice or anything. Are you selling it only to private persons?

If FastSpring handle their e-book sales the same way they handle their software program sales, then you get a link to an invoice - with any tax details particular to your country - once the transaction is completed, possibly in the final web page, if not - and also - in a confirmation email.

17 hours ago, emailx45 said:

if my "hug" was specifically for I have to say that ypu are wrong. in my post normally I end with "hug" for man or woman.

Relax, it was a joke 🙂

6 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Less hugs, more code. 

I have spoken.

It's not zero sum. Can be both/and.