Daniel

Looking for a (virtual ) pdf-printer, capable of FGL

Hi @all,

we are using the FGL printer-languange for ticket-printing on a Boca-printer.

This is working great while using it on a real printer-device. Now I have to make several adjustments to the program-logic and to the layout, so I am thinking about redirecting the output to PDF so save paper and not having to connect that printer to my dev-machine.

Does anyone of you know a PDF-printer that understands FGL-commands?

Sure. Using a physical device works perfectly.

I am looking for a virtual device generating PDF-files and not paper-tickets.

But using a regular PDF-printer literally prints out the fgl-language like "<RC200,20><RL><X2><sXL2>^TEST^" because it does not understand FGL-commands.

Did you check if Boca Systems provide a PCL driver? Or is it the opposite way? 

Not much support from boca. And the Text Driver they have is not a WYSIWYG.

Edited by Attila Kovacs

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Sure. Using a physical device works perfectly.

That doesn't answer my question! The question is: How do you connect to the printer?

Replacing the physical device by a virtual one producing PDF depends on how the physical device is connected. You won't find any virtual device out of the box implementing the specific language of that printer.

I won't explain all the possibilities. You have to explain how you connect the printer and by the way how you print a label (Show the code!). Then if I have s solution for the way you use the printer, I will explain it.

Understood. I'll bring the details tomorrow.

My hope was that I could just install and select an other printer.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Understood. I'll bring the details tomorrow.

My hope was that I could just install and select an other printer.

This will probably not work since you send FGL commands to the printer. This bypass the normal work of printer handling under Window. Another printer, including a virtual printer would work if you send standard commands (GDI) to the printer which is done by Delphi when you use printer's canvas to print something.

@Daniel Did you try the built-in Windows 10 "Print to PDF" printer? Just a guess from the wild, have no idea if it supports FGL and Google was not so much of a help.