Rollo62

Are there any general DUnitX tests available, to check Delphi classes ?

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there are any general tests available, which were testing all kind of Delphis basic behaviour,

from very basic  (like basic data types size, behaviour, etc. ),

to more complex classes tests (like JSON, DateTime, etc.)

to some specific failue tests (like RSP12345, ...).

The goal is to fastly find differences between different Delphi versions, different behaviours of the basic classes,

behaviour of workarounds and fixes in different versions.

I'm afraid that many people have written their very special tests, for special cases,

but wouldn't it be interesting to have many general, Delphi-related tests too ?

Maybe something like that is already there, at Github or elsewhere, something like the curated list for Unit-Tests,

or even better: already a complete Delphi-Test.

Edited by Rollo62

This is what RTL should've had since the early stage but recalling some really stupid bugs in RTL seems Emba/Idera uses customers for this purpose xD

I remember to see a very very tiny project with unit tests but it was not more than v0.0.0.0.0.1

Nick Hodges did start a project to do this many years ago, but it never got much interest or contributions - I guess we were all too busy testing our own code to bother testing embarcadero's code (which they should be doing). That project was on bitbucket using mercurial, so it's no longer there (bitbucket dropped mercurial support). 

9 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Nick Hodges did start a project to do this many years ago, but it never got much interest or contributions - I guess we were all too busy testing our own code to bother testing embarcadero's code (which they should be doing). That project was on bitbucket using mercurial, so it's no longer there (bitbucket dropped mercurial support). 

Nick now lives at Github but there's no repo with test suite project.

10 minutes ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

Nick now lives at Github but there's no repo with test suite project.

Nick doesn't seem to be active with Delphi much these days, doing web stuff last I looked (angular etc). 

54 minutes ago, Der schöne Günther said:

In Which I Argue That Embarcadero Should Open Source Their Unit Tests

Should have been titled "In Which I Argue that Embarcadero Should Write Their Unit Tests".

• Like 2