Rob Stow

Help needed to register Delphi Community Edition

Downloaded the Delphi Community Edition yesterday and have tried several times to register it with the serial number sent to my by Embarcadero.   And every time I get the message in the attachment.  A flaw in the registration dialog does not let me copy the text, hence the attachment.

Embarcadero tells me that support from them is not available for the Community edition.

Clipboard01.png

1 hour ago, FPiette said:

You should contact support or sales at Embarcadero.

I did.  Their answer was:
" The Delphi Community Edition product is supported differently from the other Embarcadero products. Since these products are not eligible for update subscription the Support for these products is only available in the Community Forums,  Embarcadero online documentation and the product Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).

Here are links to the Community Forums and online resources for the Community Edition products ...."

In the meantime, I found the CD for my old Delphi 4 Professional.   Before I install that, I'll go through more of my junk tonight and see if I can find my copy of Delphi 6.

I think that you'll need re-install it with new license (as if was the first time) -- as it is not a regular subscriptions like RAD Studio regular. you see?

Are you sure you try to register the CE using the account you used to request the serial number? This is the account that is linked to the email you used to request the CE. If you have another account, then you must create a new one linked to the email use to request the CE.

Embarcadero support gave you a link to the Community Forum that has to be used to get help. Post a message in that forum.

13 hours ago, FPiette said:

Embarcadero support gave you a link to the Community Forum that has to be used to get help. Post a message in that forum.

Do they still exist?  If you manage to find the list of forums (Blogs, Community, Forums), it simply points here: https://www.embarcadero.com/support

Is there still an official support forum?  It is not easy to find, if there is...

13 minutes ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Do they still exist?

I don't know but the OP said he received a link (which he didn't share). So the best thing to do is to post the request there.

I tried what emailx45 suggested:  uninstall then reinstall.   That seems to have worked.    Initially the re-install attempt failed early in the process because the uninstall left too much crap behind.   I had to do a lot of manual removal of files and registry entries and then the re-install procceded smoothly.

1 hour ago, Rob Stow said:

I had to do a lot of manual removal of files and registry entries

for sure, this is very important step! the Embarcadero, as another softwares company, put its configs in many places, on disk and registry!

If, using a subscription, take a care about your license! Try contact Embarcadero support before any "delete"!

relevant Folders used by Embarcadero:

1. c : \ ProgramData \ Embarcadero folders (include hided) (show the folders hided)
  2. c :  \ user\ your-user-windows \ appdata \ Embarcadero folders
  3. c : \ Programs Files x86 \ Embarcadero folders

Tbh, in majority of the cases removing the HKCU Embarcadero registry tree and the general Delphi folders (C:\ProgramData\Embarcadero, %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Embarcadero) is sufficient for a clean start.

You just have to be careful if you have multiple Delphi installations.

I myself is going to have to do this at work soon as most of my toolbar buttons stopped functioning after a Windows update...