steve faleiro

ICS demo source (OverbyteIcsRestJsonClientDemo) : Bug report / Delphi 7

Using: ICS v8.65

I am unable to compile the sample project `OverbyteIcsRestJsonClientDemo` in Delphi 7.

I'm getting the following compile time error:

[Error] OverbyteIcsRestJsonClientDemo1.pas(161): Operator not applicable to this operand type

The source line is :
 for Item in Results do begin
Note that I changed the file in the USES clause from `SuperObject` to `OverbyteIcsSuperObject`, in order to use the customized version of the SuperObject bundled with ICS.

Can this source error be fixed so that the demo compiles correctly on D7 ?

Best wishes,
Steve

Edited by steve faleiro

That particular demo is obsolete and no longer works, since it does not support SSL, and that is needed for Google and almost everyone else nowadays.  I really should remove many of the old files from the ICS distribution, if there were more hours in the day...

ICS has a new SSL REST and Json demo, OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst.dpr, you should be able to use the GUI to make the same search as the old demo.

Angus

36 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

That particular demo is obsolete and no longer works, since it does not support SSL, and that is needed for Google and almost everyone else nowadays.  I really should remove many of the old files from the ICS distribution, if there were more hours in the day...

ICS has a new SSL REST and Json demo, OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst.dpr, you should be able to use the GUI to make the same search as the old demo.

Angus

Thanks, that worked! I did have to add `TIcsRestEmail` to the parameter list of the RegisterComponents() procedure call in `OverbyteIcsReg.pas` though.

• Like 1

I did have to add `TIcsRestEmail` to the parameter list of the RegisterComponents() procedure call in `OverbyteIcsReg.pas`

The comments at the top should say: Sep 2020  V8.65  - Added TIcsTwitter and TIcsRestEmail, unless you have an older version?

Angus

5 minutes ago, Angus Robertson said:

The comments at the top should say: Sep 2020  V8.65  - Added TIcsTwitter and TIcsRestEmail, unless you have an older version?

Angus

I have "Jul 2020  V8.65  - Added TIcsTwitter". I downloaded the daily snapshot build from the wiki downloads page. Is there another link to the latest build?

Sorry, my fault, seems the latest version never made it to master or SVN,  Will be fixed real soon, once I get SVN installed on my new development PC, such a pain building new systems. 

Angus