David Schwartz

simple cloud storage options

I'm looking for a simple way to move data in some INI files into a cloud-based storage so someone can access the data from different devices. (It's not multi-user, just a way for someone who might access it from different devices without having to worry about syncing up the data.)

I'd prefer an inexpensive hosted solution initially rather than having to create something myself and host it right out of the gate.

I don't need structured data, like what a full DB offers. 

I'm just noticing that the entire INI files I currently have get >90% compression rates, so a 9K and 14K file compress to around 1.1KB - 1.2KB.

The bigger one could end up growing to about 15x larger, tho, if it's not split into sections where each section would be 10K-12K at the top end.

Aside from something like SFTP, what are some options worth looking at? This is something that needs to be done automatically "under the hood", so using an API of some kind. 

It should be something easily accessible to most people.

• Like 1

The simplest way i can think of is a hosted web server that supports https for your clients (add some kind of logon if you need it) and uses sftp to upload files.

If these files only need to be read by users, then any network storage (G drive, Dropbox etc), shared links to files and access via HTTPS is the simplest option