Sign in to follow this  
Gary

ibtogo64.dll not found in the path

Hello all,

Getting "ibtogo64.dll not found in the path" when trying to run on any computer that does not have Interbase installed.

I have been using Advantage local server and would like to move to iblite for testing and small desktop projects.

I created a small test project using the sample data.

I copied the compiled project and supporting files, including license file and data to a USB drive.

Stopped the Interbase service and ran the project fine. 

Moved the USB drive to a different computer and got the error as soon as project ran.

To make sure the running project was using the local DLL, I moved the USB back to the development computer and removed the DLL. Got the error, pasted back everything fine.

What am I missing.

Things I checked:

Made sure DLL's are in same directory as exe

Deployment files all checked except reg_ibtogo.txt using reg_iblite.txt

reg_iblite.txt is in the license folder

Interbase directory in same directory as exe

Project is release version

I ran the program from USB on laptop that has Interbase installed and service stopped and worked fine.

any help would be appreciated,

Gary

same with "Service in down" the files / librarys from Interbase still in you environment development, then, same using IBLite this files will be called. in your case, in ANOTHER PC, this not happens. This files dont exists.

pay attention when you in screen DEPLOYMENT, when you use some database, the IDE ask to you if you want ADD xxxx components/files to your project, like in use of IBLite. the DEPLOYMENT add all files necessary in your project, include Licence txt with your key. 

maybe, you need adjust the REMOTE PATH in this screen.

see the folders indicated in SOURCE PATH and the REMOTE PATH is similar?

summary, without files necessary, your app really crash because the db access dont find it

https://support.embarcadero.com/article/43723

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/IBLite_and_IBToGo_Licensing_in_RAD_Studio

Edited by Guest

I have checked all the file locations, and made sure they are correct.

The only issue must be the license. I have a reg_iblite.txt that came with my paid 10.4 pro version.

I thought that was all that was needed now.

The links are XE 3 and XE 5 and they require an Interbase serial #.

I think I'll stick with Advantage Database. No license issues just include the dll's with the exe.

Thanks for the help 

hi @Gary

• Normally, the license is used for Produce test not to real use!
  • for this you need buy license according with your demand

https://www.embarcadero.com/br/interbase-licensing-options

Developer Edition Licensing

• InterBase Developer Edition allows software developers to freely develop InterBase applications before they deploy them. All the functionality of InterBase Server Edition is included with Developer Edition.

Additional InterBase Licensing Information

• You must purchase a Desktop license for each Desktop edition you plan to deploy.
  • You must purchase a ToGo license for each ToGo edition you plan to deploy.
  • An InterBase Server License activates the InterBase Server software and a license for 1 User connection or for the number of users based on the volume license purchased.
  • InterBase Server Edition licenses include support for up to 8 CPU cores. To add support for more than 8 cores on a single machine, additional licenses are required.
  • To purchase additional simultaneous user licenses to an existing InterBase Server installation, additional Simultaneous User Licenses can be purchased in the same quantities listed above to allow additional users to connect.
  • Each Simultaneous User License consists of a license certificate with a serial number. Entering and registering the serial number using the InterBase License Manager will add additional simultaneous user connections to the InterBase Server.

RAD Studio Professional

RAD Studio Professional includes InterBase Developer edition and IBLite for local and embedded database capabilities.

https://www.embarcadero.com/products/rad-studio/product-editions

see if help you

Edited by Guest

@emailx45

I think it is meant to be a "tease" version. Advantage worked that way for years. It was limited but allowed customers to test drive apps with real data, and even use for a while. Then seamlessly upgrade to client server.

5 hours ago, Gary said:

Advantage worked that way for years.

ok, but now you're wanted use "Interbase" -- a commerical product for produce deployment!

@emailx45

From Embarcadero:

RAD Studio includes InterBase 2020 ToGo and IBLite editions for embedded application development.

Developers can deploy their multi-device applications on Windows (32-bit and 64-bit), macOS (32-bit and 64-bit), iOS (32-bit and 64-bit) or Android (32-bit and 64-bit) devices with an IBLite license, for free. Also, developers using RAD Studio 10.3 Rio Enterprise or Architect editions can deploy their iOS and Android applications with the InterBase ToGo (IBToGo) for Mobile license included. 

The license I have for Interbase IBLite is a result of the $ I shelled out for my Pro edition. Users that paid for Enterprise or Architect have the same ability with ToGo, so this is the intended use for the license not using a development edition for deployment.

1 hour ago, Gary said:

I posted that as well

I know. I'm linking it here because it was cross-posted. If you do cross-post it's always worth mentioning that, and providing links, so that somebody doesn't spend time solving your problem, when it has already been solved in a different place.

9 hours ago, Gary said:

The license I have for Interbase IBLite 

but if accessing a "server to feed it" you'll need a license commercial

True. So with a valid license my problem is the "ibtogo64.dll not found in the path" error. Any ideas?

question killer: your license is IBTOgo for developer or production?

if is developer, then dont works out of you development environment!!!

run the Interbase License Manager (is in BIN folder of Interbase) and  see how your license is defined!!!

see too the difference between: IBLite and IBtogo tecnically

if possible, zip your project test and upload here or in some server for analize.

hug

Edited by Guest

here my test using "IBLite" driver and license:

• HOST: MSWindows 10 Enterprise (64bits) 20h2 updated
    • RAD Studio 10.3.3 Arch
    • see the files copyed by "DEPLOYMENT" --> for Interbase running in embedded way!!!
  • TARGET: Virtual machine running MSWindows 7 (32bits)
    • none any connection (by network or otherway) with my host machine
    • in this machine I dont have any residual of RAD Studio 10.3.3 or any other editon!!!
    • was necessary install MS Visual C++ 2013 Redistribute for run my app OK?

Screenshots:

image.thumb.png.3d537a0dda493a0fcf9e3a97c87dbf9e.png     image.thumb.png.157ddbe9115f529484212032c3b3927f.pngimage.thumb.png.b122d7cc2f1f2bf419007ca2d56e45c9.png   

image.thumb.png.08cfea3aac93932244d7c0d8a4b08144.png   image.thumb.png.8278d7397895db8f894a0456e317d858.png

my project was uploaded below!!!

hug

Edited by Guest

@emailx45

I really appreciate the help!

It does seem to be a license problem that I don't understand.

See here: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/IBLite_and_IBToGo_Deployment_Licensing

especially this: 

IBLite License
All RAD Studio 10.3 Rio editions include a free IBLite license for all platforms as part of the installation.

Note: No additional installation or license activation procedures are required.

I have a .txt file that works. To make sure I ran the https://reg.codegear.com/srs6/activation with my Delphi serial# and tried the .txt file from that. I got an error saying not licensed. I don't get that error with the included reg_iblite.txt.

Test_Interbase_Lite.zip

License.jpg

From License.txt included

So does this mean that with the included reg_iblite.txt file this is a deployable edition??

25.9 INTERBASE LITE EDITION
Under the InterBase Lite Edition license (“Lite Edition”) included with RAD Studio, Licensee may install the Lite Edition software on any number of mobile and Desktop devices from a single instance of an application built with RAD Studio and  running on the same device on which the instance of Lite  Edition is executing for use by one concurrent user at any one time. The number of users installing or using the Lite Edition shall be measured as the number of distinct inputs to the multiplexing or connection pooling front end. Licensee may not use multiplexing or connection pooling software or hardware to reduce the number of users directly connected to the Lite Edition software. Licensee's user may not connect to the Lite Edition software via an unrestricted-access Internet application.

Firstly, your REG_IBLITE.txt is same than my!!!!

look new samples using old project and now with UNIDAC v8.3.2 and IBtogo64.dll library 

summary: all it's working as before! 

• CHANGE WHAT YOU WANT!!!
  • JUST CHOICE PLATFORM, BUILD IT and DEPLOY IT... LATER COPY THE RESPECTIVE FOLDER 32or64 FOR ANOTHER PC FOR EXAMPLE!
  • DONT FORGET INSTALL MVC++ 2013 x86 and/or x64 for each app run!

image.thumb.png.9dc34dbe7d6966197af3a6518b57fd8e.pngimage.thumb.png.a8eab1715bec7f8c7734c7e2a4b28db9.png    

my project for your test:

NOTE: you need have a UniDAC (I think that any version is accepted here)

hug

VCL_Interbase_IBLite_Test_Deployment.zip

Edited by Guest

in your screenshot above, I see that you use License Manager from RAD Studio, not from Interbase \ bin folder!

• try run Interbase\bin\LicenseManager.exe  and import your reg_iblite.txt from \PUBLIC\...\Embarcadero\...\Interbase folder\reg_iblite.txt

@emailx45

Success!!

The fact that both of our licenses are the same for IBLite is no surprise, especially if you look at the docwiki I linked above. It is part of the install for all Rad Studio editions.

FYI you should know that the links you sent above for XE3 do not apply for Rio? and above, in fact if you run the license registration and use the .txt file it will not work.

As to licenseManager, I checked again and that screenshot was from the Interbase\bin directory.

I had to start over and use your example as a guide. Thanks much. I still am not sure where I went wrong. I think some of it had to do with setting things in the IDE,

and also I was using TIBDatabase instead of Firedac.

I did not reply back right away, I wanted to see if I could find the problem. The project I redid works perfectly... in 32 .. but still get error cannot find library in 64. Even the test project you uploaded, I copied the redist and license file and same result.

I am more than happy to settle for the working 32 bit version. For the most part I program as a hobby and the single user desktop programs I build are for friends and family at, no charge (maybe dinner). So an upgrade from Advantage Database that support stopped in 2015 to Interbase puts a smile on my face. 

Thanks again

Gary

hi @Gary

this file is really a license default in RAD editions because it is free for use!  IBTogo dont!

in fact, all is Interbase library, but with limitations of course, Embarcadero needs sell its products!

now, using TIBDatabase works too, as others. just adjust the config (properties) as expected. of course, your big problem is always load the DLL ok? but not so big...

another thing, you want a Database more ease to install and use:  SQLite. Native access using FireDAC driver!!! 

this Database is based in 1 file, have great performance, have SQL standard, index, fields attributes etc... it's great for any app that not need share with others, like IBLite/IBtogo.

you can use in mobile (MsWin Android iOS), you can create a Database on memory (no needs file phisical) and much more.

you need the power of a big Database with billions records, all free, using SQL standard 92 and 2003 like big logos as MSSQL, ORACLE, etc... 

in MSWindows use Firebird! as a Server, but you access your data by any device using REST, and others by TCP/IP way.

do you want use your BIG database locally or by Internet network, use Firebird.

Firebird was  born from Interbase OpenSource in 2006 when Borland was its owner.

today, both follow ways different.

Firebird is tottally free, commercial or not.

Firebird have a Database test with more than ~2TB and growing...

Firebird needs just a little megabytes to load a server.

think about my sugestions

my 64bits project works like 32bits.

hug

Edited by Guest

This should be the directory and file structure after you "Deployment" using PAServer on the same machine where RAD Studio is installed!
Then, you just need to copy the folder "xxxxxx-myProfileIBxx" to the other MSWindows computer

• always remembering that you need to have MVC++ Redistr 2013 (v12.xx)  x86 / x64
  • if your target MSWindows is 64bits and you intend to run the 32bits app, you need to install MVC ++ 2013 x86, otherwise, install only MVC ++ 2013 for 64bit, at least, installed to run the application, either 32bit or 64bit.

image.thumb.png.a36a7a887fd283211b593c065f108939.png

hug

Edited by Guest

On 1/15/2021 at 6:20 PM, Gary said:

@emailx45

Success!!

I had to start over and use your example as a guide. Thanks much. I still am not sure where I went wrong. I think some of it had to do with setting things in the IDE,

and also I was using TIBDatabase instead of Firedac.

IBDatabase works just fine.  You set the Server type to IBEmbedded instead of IBServer to work with the embedded version of IB (Either IBToGo or IBLiite, license determines which mode the embedded works as).