Sign in to follow this  
TDDung

DelphiFMX-BASS, all platforms supported by FireMonkey framework

https://mega.nz/file/qQlnXIYK#MTbOfXxBrCT_2KF8MhTwqCwR8Ewbj5PdwcaS4aHu6ME

Delphi's FMX header unit, platform binaries, detailed guide with demo for BASS audio library (No add-on). Hope to have contributed. BASS rocks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2021 at 10:03 AM, TDDung said:

https://mega.nz/file/qQlnXIYK#MTbOfXxBrCT_2KF8MhTwqCwR8Ewbj5PdwcaS4aHu6ME

Delphi's FMX header unit, platform binaries, detailed guide with demo for BASS audio library (No add-on). Hope to have contributed. BASS rocks!

Very good, you figured out how to use audio codecs in Bass, say (Opus).

I tried but there are problems with decoding

Edited by Martifan

17 hours ago, Andrea Raimondi said:

Why are you sharing this in that way? I don;'t understand the reasoning for it. 

Sorry what do you mean? BASS is a wonderful closed source but free for non-commercial audio library (www.un4seen.com) written in C. To use it you have to include pre-compiled binaries (.dll, .a, .so and .dylib) into your project and use a wrapper/header to access the functions inside. Since there currently are 5 supported platforms by FireMonkey in Delphi (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and Linux) with 32- or 64-bit CPU code (Intel/ARM also), my package is too big to attach to a post here, hence I must give it as a link only.

Note: All the binaries of BASS audio library (libbass.dll, libbass.dll.so, libbass.dll.a and libbass.dll.dylib) can be downloaded directly from www.un4seen.com instead. There are just many of them, so just make sure you choose the correct ones to replace what's in my package and of course test, test and test.

Edited by TDDung
Add text

14 hours ago, Martifan said:

Very good, you figured out how to use audio codecs in Bass, say (Opus).

I tried but there are problems with decoding

OPUS decoding is OK in my  case :)-

PluginDemo.jpg

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, TDDung said:

OPUS decoding is OK in my  case :)-

PluginDemo.jpg

That's very good, could you please show an example of how you did this?

On 1/16/2021 at 11:47 PM, TDDung said:

Sorry what do you mean?

I guess he mean (and I'm +1 to this) that sharing a software project on file storage is awkward. Usual way of doing this is source control hostings like Sourceforge, Github etc.

PS Bass is cool. Years ago I wrote my own music player based on it

Edited by Fr0sT.Brutal

Ah, sorry I have no experience in this, just thought I could share with fellow Delphi programmers a cool library since there are many who have trouble integrating it.

1 hour ago, TDDung said:

Ah, sorry I have no experience in this, just thought I could share with fellow Delphi programmers a cool library since there are many who have trouble integrating it.

These hostings are must-know for every programmer so you won't regret learning them; moreover if you hope to attract some users / contributors

Another set of binaries... Am I the only one that is completely allergic to binaries from unknown sources?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Another set of binaries... Am I the only one that is completely allergic to binaries from unknown sources?

Agreed with you, therefore I did note that the binaries (.dll, .a, .o and .dylib) all can be downloaded directly from www.un4seen.com instead. There are just many of them, also of different versions, so I spent a lot of time to collect and test to be sure they are the newest and fully working. Depends on the programmers who need this, some may appreciate these binaries 🙂 The choices are theirs.

3 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

Original author of these libs as trustful as could be any random software dude in Internet whose apps you're using. But he had already released BASS in stable form when I started coding usable apps, which was at 2003 I suppose so now he's been here at least for 20 years.

I prefer that people link to the original source and/or describe how to collect the appropriate set of binaries from the official sources, rather than "republish" them.

There is a staggering amount of malware out there, and you may call me paranoid, but the fact is that convenience is not a good reason to download binaries from unverified sources.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lars Fosdal said:

I prefer that people link to the original source and/or describe how to collect the appropriate set of binaries from the official sources, rather than "republish" them.

There is a staggering amount of malware out there, and you may call me paranoid, but the fact is that convenience is not a good reason to download binaries from unverified sources.

I won't argue with that, you're absolutely right! But from your post wasn't clear whether you dislike republished binaries only or ANY pre-built binaries (hardcore Linuxoid-style 🙂 ).