chkaufmann

TFileOpenDialog - limit functionality in RemoteApp

My application runs on a server as remote desktop application. Now I want a function to add files from a local the drive. The RDP file is configured to map local drives and I can see/select these in the file open dialog.
Now I would like to limit this dialog to the clients local drives only. 
- Is there a global option for that?
- Is it enough to set a OnFolderChanging event and check the path to be a local drive?
- Are there other things todo? Since the file open dialog is almost a complete Explorer today, I would like to limit functionality to open/load a file.

Regards
Christian

It is much better to handle the problem at the system level.

The client connect to the server using credentials (User code and password) that maps to a user on the server. You can change that user permissions so that it can access just what he has to on that server. If there are several users, it is easier to create a group and assigned the permission to the group, denying almost everything else to the user.

Yes I know. In the end it's more to help the user do use only his local drives to save/load files.

Christian

9 minutes ago, chkaufmann said:

Yes I know. In the end it's more to help the user do use only his local drives to save/load files.

If you correctly set Windows permission, the user will not even see what he has not to see.

My problem is, that user managment is done by an external company with quite expensive people. Not my choice, and I just try to make things user friendly with the part I do.

One final question: The shared drives as UNC path look like \\tsclient\c\..... Is this "\\tsclient" a default by Microsoft in a terminal session or can this prefix be customized by the administrator?

Christian

13 minutes ago, chkaufmann said:

The shared drives as UNC path look like \\tsclient\c\..... Is this "\\tsclient" a default by Microsoft in a terminal session or can this prefix be customized by the administrator?

tsclient is the host-name. The host-name portion of a UNC name can consist of either a network name string set by an administrator and maintained by a network naming service like DNS or WINS, or by an IP address. By default, the host-name is made equal to the computer name.