Serge_G

Sidney, RestDebuger and REST

Hi

I had the idea to migrate an application using TRestxxxxx from 10.3 to version 10.4 and bad news! 😖

With 10.3 Restdebugger proposed to copy: a THTTPBasicAutenthicator, a TRESTClient, a TRESTRequest, a TRESTResponse, a TRESTResponseDatasetAdapter and an FDmemTable.
With 10.4 I only end up with the first 4 in itself, it wouldn't matter if I could later add the other two except that ... my results are not there, I should get several rows, I  get only one :classic_wacko:

So, my migration does not work.

What note of release would I have missed ? How to do my migration in this case !

Rio

Capture.PNG

Sidney

Capture_1.PNG

Edited by Serge_G

Have you copied  the missing files from Rio to Sydney, or did you add them manually ?

What is the difference, did you made a diff of the files ?

When using RestDebugger, you can also paste to pure TEXT editor, which should give all the components in textual format,

would be interesting to see the difference in export from Rio and Sydney as Textfile.

Hi,

I found the difference the content doesn't have any rootelement

["addresses","combinations","countries","customers","deliveries","groups","image_types","images","order_details","order_invoices","orders","product_feature_values","product_features","product_option_values","product_options","products","stock_availables","stocks"]

(list of accessible webapi)

So the question now is "how to have the same behavior Rio ?" (a property I miss ?)

The RestDebugger should be in source code, under

\Embarcadero\Studio\20.0\source\data\rest\restdebugger\

Maybe you can spot a difference between Rio and Sydney sources, but I doublt that there were any changes ?

Have no Rio on hand, so I cant check.

But also possible that the underlying REST components have changed.

My guess it's not RestDebugger but a somewhat regression of TRestResponse, I will investigate this direction before disclaim in Quality Support

REST Debugger different files between RAD Studio 10.3.3 Arch and 10.4.1 Arch

image.thumb.png.46e9da323c3c1ad794af045b591b8596.png

hug

Hi, Dmitry gave me a look on 10.4.2 RestDebugger, problem solved. Patrick (another MVP beta tester of 10.4.2) confirm me that this new version works as I was expecting.

So, I will wait for this new version.

Edited by Serge_G

24 minutes ago, Serge_G said:

Hi, Dmitry gave me a look on 10.4.2 RestDebugger, problem solved. Patrick (another MVP beta tester of 10.4.2) confirm me that this new version works as I was expecting.

So, I will wait for this new version.

First rule of fight club - you never talk about fight club.  Same thing for beta versions.

@Serge_Gthanks anyway, so I don't have to look into it too.

Yes, that saves a lot of redundant work ....

Sorry that you will be grabbed now by Emb-Police, farewell.

Edited by Rollo62
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lars Fosdal said:

First rule of fight club - you never talk about fight club.  Same thing for beta versions. 

Well this is a rule I knew  and accept the warning,   but anybody that can go to Quality Portal can see Dimitry response no ?

And I think a good new have to be shared.

Don't know how to mark solved on this forum

Edited by Serge_G

32 minutes ago, Serge_G said:

Well this is a rule I knew  and accept the warning,   but anybody that can go to Quality Portal can see Dimitry response no ?

Only if the QP entry is entered for released version of Delphi. The entries for beta versions are usually locked and can be seen only by the beta testers. 

Well, my QP was for 10.4.1 not 10.4.2 and I was really surprise when Dimitry supplies RestDebugger of 10.4.2.

But on another hand this gave me reason to expect correction with the future realease