aehimself

Are there any free DBGrid components out there?

Hello,

A while ago I started to patch up the dumb TDBGrid component shipped with Delphi. Added some things, fixed some things and now I face an issue where the bottom-right square where the two scrollbars meet flickers white for a moment in some occasions (using a dark theme). I think I know where the bug is but to be honest at this point I'm thinking on abandoning my creation and using something else what someone made, who knows more about this stuff I do.

I am willing to spend the same amount of money on a program I earn from it but I use DBGrid in a free tool... so my budget is kinda... tight 🙂

Worst case scenario I'll patch on my ocean of patches until a new one arises. I'm just curious if anyone is using a decent component (or suite) which I can experiment with?

I already tried KControls and JVCL.

Thanks!

Mike Shkolnik at scalabium.com has a freeware dbGrid.

As I recall, it's part of a larger freeware component package. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jonnyg said:

Mike Shkolnik at scalabium.com has a freeware dbGrid.

As I recall, it's part of a larger freeware component package

Today I switched my search engine and found SMComponents. I have to do some extensive testing to see what I have to add or fine tune but holy sh*t this DB grid looks promising!

I'll play around with it for a while and then try to build 64 bit packages out of it.

9 hours ago, Fr0sT.Brutal said:

If you'd switched it first to awesome-pascal list you'd found that grid much more early 😉

If it would be implemented... I definitely would 😜