Sign in to follow this  
jairgza

Yaml to json simple convert

Hi all

I have some new yaml files for settings that I need to read, all my apps use json parsers (TDocVariantData or JsonDataObjects) and I was looking an easy way to just convert yaml text to json text  and continue using my already implemented and familiar json parsers.

I found one yaml parsers but it does not convert to json.  Any of you know some library or how to do this ?

thanks

Trivial to do in Python. Read the YAML in, then dump to JSON. 

I'm assuming that this is a one time conversion. Because otherwise you'd use a YAML parser directly and wouldn't convert to JSON. 

Edited by David Heffernan

Yes, as you say, its only one time read,  I'm not going to generate any yaml from programs.   I was looking for something already usable in delphi,  but I think im going to use grijjy neslib to make my own converter  🙂

1 hour ago, jairgza said:

Yes, as you say, its only one time read,  I'm not going to generate any yaml from programs.   I was looking for something already usable in delphi,  but I think im going to use grijjy neslib to make my own converter  🙂

It's really way easier in Python. Essentially a two liner, one to parse, and one to dump. That's how I'd do a one time conversion.

My bad, I think I didn't explain myself sorry,  it's not a one time conversion, but every time the app runs needs to read a yaml file and translate into json  so all the current (large) code can be used without modification.  The yaml files are edited manually by users.

cheers