Sign in to follow this  
marcocir

Could not open Python DLL problem

Hi all.

VMware machine  with Windows 10 64 bit, Delphi 10.4 Update 1 and plain vanilla Python 3.9 64 bit (but no differences using Anaconda with Python 3.8)
I have installed P4D without errors and I can compile, targeting Windows 64 bit platform,  any of the demos successfully:  when I launch it I always get this (attached) error.
Tried suggestions from https://github.com/pyscripter/python4delphi/wiki/FindingPython, , forced dll name, version and path with no success at all, and googled the net: so much time wasted and no way to see a single demo run... 

Thanks for your help.

Marco

Clip2.jpg

Edited by marcocir

Thank you Bob.

Following your answer I deepened and,  surprisingly,  I've found that all the exe files of the P4D demos was running without a glitch if outside of the 10.4 IDE...

After having restarted the IDE all seems OK now. Conclusion: some strange 10.4 IDE's behavior / bug ?
Marco

I doubt it would be the IDE - maybe the DLL was still in memory but I'm not sure if that would cause a 126 error

Bob, not sure too, but how do you explain that all demos could be executed outside of the IDE, at the same time ?

35 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

The IDE is a different process. 

Ok, right, the DLL was still in memory of the IDE process, and since DLLs are loaded once per process (my bad), et voit-là the 126 error.
Thanks!

47 minutes ago, marcocir said:

Ok, right, the DLL was still in memory of the IDE process, and since DLLs are loaded once per process (my bad), et voit-là the 126 error.
Thanks!

No. The DLL won't be loaded by the IDE. Why would the IDE load a Python DLL? It has nothing to do with Python. 

I have no problem debugging my program that hosts the Python DLL. Although I always do it with the 32 bit debugger because I prefer not to have the debugger crash every 30s as happens with the 64 bit debugger. 

Edited by David Heffernan