Didier Cabalé

"Member Search bar" click resets the context where you expect the search must be applied

Hi there,

please follow these steps:

1. in MMX code explorer, select one of your object

2. state that the members of this object are listed in the pane below. Ok.

3. click on the "Member Search bar" edit control

4. state that the search will be applied to all the current module, whereas I would have expect it applies only to the object selected in 1.

Wouldn't you have expect the same as me?

search.png

Edited by Didier Cabalé
add tag

Indeed, the thing does what he says.. -> it's not a bug.
But please consider this point: entering in the "Member Search bar" edit box currently deselects the filtering done by the object top pane selection.

1. this is not logical, unless you select first the Module in the top pane.

2. it would be nice to be able to "member search" the members within a selected object.

I hope you understand this point.

14 hours ago, Didier Cabalé said:

entering in the "Member Search bar" edit box currently deselects the filtering done by the object top pane selection.

Well, the Module Search is actually a member of the top pane and it is selected when you enter the Search box. It is similar to selecting one of the uses clause entries or a Live Metrics entry. Each selection switches the content of the bottom pane.

I understand that you prefer a different behavior, but others (probably long time MMX users) prefer or may even rely on the current one. I'm sorry, but it is very unlikely that this will be changed.