dummzeuch

New features in GExperts

GExperts has recently gained a few new features:

• Two new experts to start/stop recording and to replay a keyboard macro. These are minimal experts which allow you to add additional keyboard shortcuts to the existing IDE functionality. The idea and the code were contributed by Dejan M.
  • Goto Previous / Next modification Editor Experts. These again ...

https://blog.dummzeuch.de/2018/12/15/new-features-in-gexperts/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, mikeho said:

In Delphi 7, the Set Tab Order dialog is not displaying any more. 

Please file a bug report on SourceForge. And be more specific in it.

Hi Thomas,

Is this something that could be merged into GExperts?

https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/354-property-editor-on-the-finest-art/

Ian

Hi Ian,

first: Please start a new topic for requests like this. Or even better, file a feature request on SourceForge.

11 hours ago, Ian Branch said:

Is this something that could be merged into GExperts?

https://en.delphipraxis.net/topic/354-property-editor-on-the-finest-art/

I have no idea. I have not really understood what this does and how it works. When you file a feature request, make sure to add a short description of the functionality.

twm

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

I have no idea. I have not really understood what this does and how it works.

I can't blame you. I have the same problem with GExperts.

• Sad 1

On 2/4/2019 at 7:47 PM, mikeho said:

In Delphi 7, the Set Tab Order dialog is not displaying any more. 

fixed now (in the current sources).

Thanks for maintaining GExperts!

In the latest release (but also in older releases), some action seems to take over the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C which is usually reserved for showing the CPU window in debug mode.

I only found the editor expert "Copy Raw String" with this shortcut, and disabled it, but the shortcut is still "caught" by some GExperts code. If I disable GExperts, everything is fine again.

Edited by mael

I used to think that the long-time failure of the CPU-window short-cut was an inexplicable Delphi bug, but I have always used GExperts in many Delphi versions.  Thanks for identifying the probable source and I second your request for a fix (and the thanks for maintaining GExperts)!

2 hours ago, mael said:

In the latest release (but also in older releases), some action seems to take over the shortcut Ctrl+Alt+C which is usually reserved for showing the CPU window in debug mode.

I only found the editor expert "Copy Raw String" with this shortcut, and disabled it, but the shortcut is still "caught" by some GExperts code. If I disable GExperts, everything is fine again.

Please file a bug report on SourceForge.

Answered on SourceForge (with apologies for believing the original report without testing).  It turns out that Ctrl-Alt-C is one of the shortcuts defined and documented by MMX Code Explorer, and is easy to change.   And I was pleased to discover the very useful list of shortcut key owners in GExperts, which I had never enabled before!

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, mael said:

@mael

Which Delphi version are you using?
And what does the GExperts -> Keyboard Shortcuts expert show for Alt+Ctrl+C on your installation?

Please answer on https://sourceforge.net/p/gexperts/bugs/114/

I replied there. Couldn't find my old account information, so I had to make a new one.

As can be seen there this is not related to MMX, and I did not make a wrong bug report @timfrost.

• Thanks 1

In my case the problem of the inability to select CPU view is related to MMX, but I also now agree with you that  GExperts is involved also.  I have been experimenting with both the checkboxes in the Delphi IDE key mappings, and the key mappings display in GExperts, and there are inconsistencies.  I also tried Ctrl-Alt-D which picks an MMX action, even though Gexperts shows it in yellow.