TimStroobandt

Android Dialer replacement

Hi,

I'm looking to build a dialer replacement for the elderly.  According to the android docs I need to create a service which inherits from InCallService.

Anybody have a clue how to do this in Delphi?

I can initiate a call without the service, but delphi events notifying of new calls are not working and implementing a phonestatelistener does not consistently trigger when the state changes.  I want to replace all aspects of the dialer allowing for the user to pick up the call with a large button without having to slide.  I also want to activate speakerphone as soon as the outgoing call is started or an incoming call is picked up.

Regards,

Tim

On 3/2/2021 at 6:12 PM, TimStroobandt said:

I'm looking to build a dialer replacement for the elderly.  According to the android docs I need to create a service which inherits from InCallService.

I know it's been a couple of years, however I was going through my to-do list today and came across something that led me to your post. It seems with InCallService, it is expected that your app actually replaces the default phone app - is this a viable proposition for you? Regardless, I asked ChatGPT about the alternative, which is to monitor for incoming calls, and provide an alternative means of answering the call.

Are you still looking for a solution to this, and does the ChatGPT answer fit your requirements?