Darian Miller

Idera acquires PreEmptive

Are you familiar with PreEmptive solutions? Perhaps they will offer similar protective solutions for Delphi. Even though I can't imagine how it works and I never needed anything as such, but perhaps something new and useful can be made.

On 3/3/2021 at 6:50 PM, Darian Miller said:

More expansion into the Dev space by Idera

Idera itself was acquired in Jan 2021 by Partners Group, while some news called it recapitalization other called it acquisition.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/idera-inc-announces-investment-from-partners-group-301213171.html

https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/idera-inc

4 hours ago, Mike Torrettinni said:

Are you familiar with PreEmptive solutions? Perhaps they will offer similar protective solutions for Delphi.

I looked it what it does, trust me you are better with many open sources does the same, human readable strings obfuscation !, and that it is and that is very strange to have the price undisclosed for such primitive functionality.

As if they will support any native binaries, then you don't want the false sense of protection from simple replacing words like "TButton" with "skdfhk89jsd", it will only ruin your RTTI information. 

Thanks @Kas Ob. , the whole enterprise 'call us for pricing' had me thinking if it could be something more than the simple things that have been around for ages, the obfuscation and others like you say.

It looks like more acquisitions from Idera in the near future...bank account topped-up, ready to go!

Apparently it doesn't affect Embarcadero much as there doesn't seem to be a lot of inter-company promotion and integration going on.  

protections is always good, include against COVID19 ... :classic_love:

now, let's face it...

how can protect me, some unprotected at all?

Download Dotfuscator for .Net Pro v6.0.1 with Cracked FilesDotfuscator for .Net Pro v6.0.1.rar (Size: 43.2 MB - Date: 8/6/2020 12:45:34 PM)

.... founded easly on internet.

hug

Edited by Guest