Davide Angeli

Several F2084 Internal Error on Delphi 10.4.2

If you do not find a real solution/reason and changing items in Library path works, you can use an app such as AutoHotKey and automatize changing these paths in Delphi dialog, so that you just press a keyboard shortcut and wait a while, while keyboard/mouse strokes are replayed.

7 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

I'm not able to reproduce in a small case

This has been an issue on and off for a while now.

Projects don't even need to be very large for it to happen and its better in one release then comes back with an update.

Steps that helped, depending on Release version:

• Remove all source but your project's from accessible paths, GetIt does the opposite..
  • This means pre-compile Components in both Release and Debug
  • Use a Clean.bat which removes all DCUs that may have been compiled using different directives.
    For me this was key, switching configuration outputs DCUs to a different subdir but for some reason Delphi failed to comprehend that.
  • Eliminate all circular references, MMX works well for that..

Not something that would happen if Delphi was still built with Delphi.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

This is not a registry issue.. it's a bug. I am seeing these issues all the time with 10.4.2 - before I installed I removed all trace of 10.4.x from the registry and the file system.

I agree...

• Just cleaned up the system: manual Delphi uninstall + registry cleaned + delete all embarcadero files on system + all bpl, dcp, dcu...
  • Fresh install from web installer this time (last one was from ISO). Installed only the Windows platform (no linux, no android, no ios etc)
  • Installed only third parts components needed by my projects
  • For now not installed expertes/toolas (MMX, GExpert etc)

THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS!

I think that these random errors could be related to same bug:

• sometimes "Access violation at address 0BAF903E in module 'dcc32270.dll'. Read of address A2DCF46C."
  • sometimes in place of the internal error F2084, I get this: "[dcc32 Fatal Error] aaaaa.pas(27): E2411 Unit bbbbb in package cccccc refers to unit ddddd which is not found in any package.  Packaged units must refer only to packaged units"
  • often I get also "Access violation at address 50060148 in module "rtl270.bpl". Read of address 3C49FAC4"

I don't know what to do at this point... I'll open a ticket on QC, but honestly, not being able to reproduce the case in a small test project, I doubt it will be considered.

• Like 2

Could you make a copy of the project and then try to shrink the project to find out, which unit is causing it?

3 minutes ago, Vandrovnik said:

Could you make a copy of the project and then try to shrink the project to find out, which unit is causing it?

It's hard... the project is quite complex with several runtime packages

26 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

This remind me of two cases when restarting the ide didn't help with the internal errors and i spend hours tracking it, 

1) are there many inlined procedures in your project ? try to backup first then at project wide units, search and remove the "inline" identifier from procedures/functions, in in one case i could repeat and diffuse that internal error with specific two inlined functions, the strange thing is after while from finding them my project continued to grow i tried to reproduce that error with same usage that generating the error, but no more error.

2) took hours to track and find one particular unit file that made the compiler fail with internal error, which was perfectly working and not been touched for long time, so i spend long time trying to pinpoint the cause, and fixing it was removing few unused units form the uses clause, reintroducing the these unused units generate the error, one strange thing is reordering them will not produce the error, and like (1) above, time passed and i changed that file, and when i tried later to generate that error, it didn't happen again, for this case i suggest to use unit uses cleaner ( like cnWizard..) and clean your project, and if that didn't help then move/reorder the few most used units across your project files to the beginning, before the others or even move what you can from interface uses to implementation section where possible.  

hope that help you. 

45 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

the project is quite complex with several runtime packages

in relation about RT packages, wouldn't it be interesting to leave them in a specific group for them, and have them ready for the final project group compilation?

Thus, as occurs in the IDE itself, and, in the HELP SYSTEM, Embarcadero asks that Embarcadero packages be privileged, under pain of producing problems with memory usage when compiling large projects. And, she emphasizes that "Embarcadero packages do not cause problems with excessive memory usage ..." ... is it?

In cases such as yours, this could or could not be proven. I have never had a project of relevance and greatness, so I cannot carry out any tests on the above.

hug

2 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

Have you tried to see if there are any more exception or information debugging the IDE? Open some bpl then Run> Parameters... > Host Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\bds.exe" > Save > press F9

Then new instance of delphi will be created in debug mode, then you can reproduce the error in that delphi instance and you may have more information about the problem.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 4:07 AM, Davide Angeli said:

E2411 Unit bbbbb in package cccccc refers to unit ddddd which is not found in any package.  Packaged units must refer only to packaged units"

This started happening for me today too. The weird thing is, a build will fail with this error, typically towards the end of a project group, and then I can just build that project again and it will build just fine.

Every day a new issue to fight, never seem to get much coding done as I spend so much time trying to work around these issues. 🤬  

1 hour ago, Vincent Parrett said:

This started happening for me today too. The weird thing is, a build will fail with this error, typically towards the end of a project group, and then I can just build that project again and it will build just fine.

Every day a new issue to fight, never seem to get much coding done as I spend so much time trying to work around these issues. 🤬  

Same here... the last week I've dedicated almost my time to found a workaround but I'm still fighting. Now I'm trying to reorganize and simplify the structure of my program and doing some cleanup as @FredSsuggested, to see if things get better.

the instabilities of 10.4.2 are just wasting the work time of many developers. Our company has decided to not use 10.4.2 until there is a patch available (well more likely a 10.4.3 as the IDE will most probably change as well).

Not sure what is needed (see https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-32768 and other 10.4.2 bugs) to get 

a) a statement by EMBT that we see one, two or n independent issues

b) a scheduling of the patch by EMBT

c) a small BETA for the companies seeing that problem(s) to really crosscheck that it's gone.

But the situation today is a full "deadlock". We should go to 10.4.2 for other issues that are solved (e.g. LSP, VCLs etc). But we cannot shift as the version fails for larger projects.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Günther Schoch said:

Our company has decided to not use 10.4.2 until there is a patch available (well more likely a 10.4.3 as the IDE will most probably change as well).

According to the last roadmap there will be no 10.4.3 release, the release will be 10.5 in H2 2021.

2 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

According to the last roadmap there will be no 10.4.3 release, the release will be 10.5 in H2 2021.

well - but 10.4.2 is not working for larger projects. EMBT has solved that independently of any roadmap.

Maybe EMB  has to visit some clients, and see what the problems are. They then can send an engineer who (maybe) can figure out why some clients keep getting problems. 
The current system for the big problems there are is just not working at the moment (my feeling), too many big bugs keeps coming back, or are never resolved,.

the case is, if run in RAD 10.3x, it should run in RAD 10.4x....else, "there something in the air...", and, it's not good for Big Projects as we know.

hug

On 3/12/2021 at 8:20 PM, vfbb said:

Have you tried to see if there are any more exception or information debugging the IDE? Open some bpl then Run> Parameters... > Host Application "C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\bin\bds.exe" > Save > press F9

Then new instance of delphi will be created in debug mode, then you can reproduce the error in that delphi instance and you may have more information about the problem.

Hi, after several test I've tryed also this one and I could see that this kind of internal error is an access violation in BDS.EXE:

First chance exception at $08343340. Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x08343340: read of address 0x00000018'. Process bds.exe (12984)

Analizing the "Modules" window I see that that address refers to dcc32270.dll. I've attached a screen shot.

Is this one helpfull for someone to discover the problem? I'm not capable to analize further. 

bds_av.png

15 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

Is this one helpfull for someone to discover the problem? I'm not capable to analize further. 

You can try to tag @David Millington I guess he can try to find out more about it. 

1 hour ago, Lajos Juhász said:

You can try to tag @David Millington I guess he can try to find out more about it. 

maybe EMB has to do some more interaction with their customers. I don't find the "blogs" they promote not very useful as communication about problems with Delphi, it's more like commercial shit. 

(i unsubscribed the news from EMB because of the shitload of promotional material they send, but now i mis product updates 🙂 )

I had to remove 10.4.2 for this bug. twenty dlls, one exe, one package no longer able to build as a group without this error = no good. Shocked they released this and promoted it so heavily. Lost an entire day messing with this and then reverting my environments to 10.4.1

27 minutes ago, srdstm said:

Lost an entire day

That's cheap, there is most likely a lot more in those double secret fixes..