Davide Angeli

Several F2084 Internal Error on Delphi 10.4.2

I have an application that uses packages. Most of the time I can compile and run it and on the second attempt I get internal error. The only solution is to run the application without debugging.

Hi, I've just installed a clean 10.4.2 on a new PC.

When I work on any project and close the IDE, I get the next errors (image uploaded).

Anyone has an idea of which could be the problem? Thank you

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-08 094205.png

1 hour ago, malobo said:

Anyone has an idea of which could be the problem? Thank you

There was a "problematic" check-in  to the codebase before the release of the Delphi 10.4.2 that was not detected in time. Some customers are already testing the hotfix that supposed to fix the bug.

Unfortunately there is no public information what will this hotfix fix and if there is still some issues that requires another fix.

1 minute ago, Lajos Juhász said:

There was a "problematic" check-in  to the codebase before the release of the Delphi 10.4.2 that was not detected in time. Some customers are already testing the hotfix that supposed to fix the bug.

Unfortunately there is no public information what will this hotfix fix and if there is still some issues that requires another fix.

Thank you!!!

Let's hope it doesn't take long to fix.

2 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

This is most we can know about the current status.

Thanks!!!

On 4/8/2021 at 11:07 AM, malobo said:

Thank you!!!

Let's hope it doesn't take long to fix.

We all hope that the fix will be available soon. It happens to much often to get internal error on debugging big projects...

Others annoying issues noticed are the go to definition does not always works even if the compiler can compile the projects, the IDE is not always able to find the definitions of methods/var...  is very time consuming to manual search for required definitions.

Thanks

Edited by Pierangelo Dal Ben

2 minutes ago, Pierangelo Dal Ben said:

... Others annoying issues noticed are the go to definition does not always works even if the compiler can compile the projects ...Thanks

most probably interconnected. If the compiler fails randomly with an internal error then the LSP fails as well randomly (as LSP does interacts with the dcc.dll)!

1 hour ago, Günther Schoch said:

most probably interconnected. If the compiler fails randomly with an internal error then the LSP fails as well randomly (as LSP does interacts with the dcc.dll)!

Most probably. It would be nice to hear from @Marco Cantu what we can expect. I mean the hotfix is tested for a long period of time so it would be nice to know more about it. 

16 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

Most probably. It would be nice to hear from @Marco Cantu what we can expect. I mean the hotfix is tested for a long period of time so it would be nice to know more about it. 

Yes it would be nice... I'm locked because in my case the internal error is systematic at every new compile. In the next few days I have to decide if I can continue with 10.4.2 or if I have to switch back to 10.4.1. I've wasted a lot of precious time with this issue and my boss is not really happy... In my situation with 10.4.2 the dailywork is a real bloodbath. I think the worst release ever in terms of productivity. I really love Delphi (I'm using Delphi since release 1!) but it is not acceptable to wait months to have fixed bugs of this magnitude.

8 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

Yes it would be nice... I'm locked because in my case the internal error is systematic at every new compile. In the next few days I have to decide if I can continue with 10.4.2 or if I have to switch back to 10.4.1. I've wasted a lot of precious time with this issue and my boss is not really happy... In my situation with 10.4.2 the dailywork is a real bloodbath. I think the worst release ever in terms of productivity. I really love Delphi (I'm using Delphi since release 1!) but it is not acceptable to wait months to have fixed bugs of this magnitude.

Absolutely agree. I just bought the license to continue some projects and getting paid was very easy. Now I am considering going down to D2010 to be able to work normally. It is a pity. I think the product is being loaded. And to top it all you have to swallow with everyone who is saying that it is very good and that it is very fast. I would like to know what they get ...

41 minutes ago, malobo said:

Absolutely agree. I just bought the license to continue some projects and getting paid was very easy. Now I am considering going down to D2010 to be able to work normally. It is a pity. I think the product is being loaded. And to top it all you have to swallow with everyone who is saying that it is very good and that it is very fast. I would like to know what they get ...

While 10.4.2 is a bit unstable (fortunately, my code does not choke it too often), going down to D2010 seems like overkill. There are many stable releases in between you can productively work with, and then move to 10.4.2 when patched. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davide Angeli said:

May be Emba could provide you this hotfix for testing? I guess it will not be worse than it is now.

13 minutes ago, Vandrovnik said:

May be Emba could provide you this hotfix for testing? I guess it will not be worse than it is now.

It would be nice as you can see here, almost a month ago, I gave my full availability also for remote assistance if necessary but no one took me into consideration...

28 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

While 10.4.2 is a bit unstable (fortunately, my code does not choke it too often), going down to D2010 seems like overkill. There are many stable releases in between you can productively work with, and then move to 10.4.2 when patched. 

You are right. But I've wasted a lot of time trying to use this version and I can't waste much more. Which release can be the most similar to D2010?

Thanks!!!

7 minutes ago, malobo said:

You are right. But I've wasted a lot of time trying to use this version and I can't waste much more. Which release can be the most similar to D2010?

The most similar would be Delphi XE, but that is not a long jump 🙂

Every new version has some features and some differences, and you will need to tweak some code to adjust in order to benefit from those features. The more recent version you use, the less future tweaking will be required.

From that perspective, probably the most stable recent version is Tokyo - 10.2.3. Rio - 10.3.3 is also quite usable, but it does have less stable debugger, and new IDE styling can cause performance issues on low end machines. All those versions have better support for using high DPI in your applications. If high DPI is not imperative for you, and you are less inclined to make huge jump, then XE7 is probably the most stable version in between. XE7 is also good option if your code uses class helper for gaining access to private class members, since that was removed in Berlin 10.1.

9 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

The most similar would be Delphi XE, but that is not a long jump 🙂

Every new version has some features and some differences, and you will need to tweak some code to adjust in order to benefit from those features. The more recent version you use, the less future tweaking will be required.

From that perspective, probably the most stable recent version is Tokyo - 10.2.3. Rio - 10.3.3 is also quite usable, but it does have less stable debugger, and new IDE styling can cause performance issues on low end machines. All those versions have better support for using high DPI in your applications. If high DPI is not imperative for you, and you are less inclined to make huge jump, then XE7 is probably the most stable version in between. XE7 is also good option if your code uses class helper for gaining access to private class members, since that was removed in Berlin 10.1.

I'm going to try 10.4.2 one more time and in case I still have so many daily use issues I'll try to jump to XE7 version. You've been very kind.

Thanks, very much!!

Hi, I have the same problem.  Partially solved. Add here information maybe usefull for others.

[dcc32 Fatal Error] GestAggiorna.dpr(80): F2084 Internal Error: AV09BA3340(09B80000)-R00000018-0

After installing 10.4.2 over 10.4.1 I have the problem any second time I try to use the debugger.

To solve I need to close and re open the IDE. But this is not a valid solution.

The problem happen with many projects previously used with Delphi 10.4.1 without problems.

But with started new project, simple project, with Delphi 10.4.2 there was no problem.

Using the suggested:  "Use MSBuild externally to compile" = TRUE

Solved my problem, but need also this info:  need to remove the file CFG and DOF files.

I found that I have in the source folder the CFG and COF file that was used with Delphi 5.

The MSBuild show message about "the project seem to use old packages..."

Found that CFG and DOF files was copied from year to year passing over many Delphi versions. Only today they were deleted.

Finally: I need to keep the "Use MSBuild externally to compile" = TRUE

Note: with "Use MSBuild externally to compile" = FALSE the problem of second time debugging is still present.

Another important think:  with "Use MSBuild externally to compile" = TRUE

the debugger become not usefull because all the breakpoints on the source will be ignored!

1 hour ago, Loris said:

Another important think:  with "Use MSBuild externally to compile" = TRUE

the debugger become not usefull because all the breakpoints on the source will be ignored!

Same for me. It is why I discarded the idea of using MSBuild to solve the problem. I absolutly need a full functioning debugger to work.

We need Embarcadero fix ASAP!!!

1 hour ago, Davide Angeli said:

We need Embarcadero fix ASAP!!!

The fix is on the way at least for a month. It's really shame that Embarcadero is silent on this issue. It's not a minor bug, but a major showstopper!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

The fix is on the way at least for a month. It's really shame that Embarcadero is silent on this issue. It's not a minor bug, but a major showstopper!

The show must go on. To sell by charging in advance, the have not problems. This is life.

We can now only hope that before Delphi 10.5 we will get at least one release of 10.4.2 without a major bug. From 10.4 to 10.4.2 every release had some issues :(. Embarcadero should change the release schedule. Now they are following the principle: "Ship it when the next major bug is checked in!".

• Haha 1

What is a hotfix: a small piece of code developed to correct a major software bug or fault and released as quickly as possible.

This one probably will not be much hot...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

It's not a minor bug, but a major showstopper

Sure, but what about all those free skins 🙂