Davide Angeli

Several F2084 Internal Error on Delphi 10.4.2

9 minutes ago, FredS said:

Sure, but what about all those free skins 🙂

Jaaaaajajajajaja

I am baffled and pissed, here time flies and still no answer or solution from Embarcadero! I cannot understand why they are not giving top priority to correct these problems. It's unbelievable ... Daily work in these conditions is a nightmare! :classic_angry: 

But is there anyone using 10.4.2 without problems? Has anyone switched to this shameful bug-ridden version to work seriously? Am I the only fool?

• Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

But is there anyone using 10.4.2 without problems?

I use D10.4.2 every single days without any problem.

9 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

But is there anyone using 10.4.2 without problems? Has anyone switched to this shameful bug-ridden version to work seriously? Am I the only fool?

You can work with project that doesn't use packages. This is top priority that's the reason they will release a hotfix as soon as it will be ready.  Meanwhile do try to test the application without debugging as much as you can.

5 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

You can work with project that doesn't use packages. This is top priority that's the reason they will release a hotfix as soon as it will be ready.  Meanwhile do try to test the application without debugging as much as you can.

I've only projects that use packages...  Top priority correction for me is an hot fix released in a couple of days not one released in more than a couple of months!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, FPiette said:

Excuse me but I'm just curious to understand in which kind of situations the IDE fails like in mine... Which kind of projects are you working on? A singole exe file?

My main projects have all a structure of a main exe, 3/4 runtime packages (common to every project) and several dll's. I'm daily working with project groups. Every piece (exe, bpl, dll could be compile in 32 or 64 bit).

3 minutes ago, Davide Angeli said:

Which kind of projects are you working on? A single exe file?

I never use run time packages. And if you suspect this is your problem, it is easy to suppress the use of run time packages and compile everything in a single executable. OK, executable will be bigger but will not require more memory at run time.

8 minutes ago, FPiette said:

I never use run time packages. And if you suspect this is your problem, it is easy to suppress the use of run time packages and compile everything in a single executable.

Are you volunteering to rework my application architecture if it's that easy - I have 100+ package projects in a project group, a few dll's and 4 exe's (around 4M lines of code) and I see these errors all the time. I cannot use LSP at all because of this, but even with it turned off the IDE and the compiler are unstable. I can't afford to spend months refactoring my code in the hope that the IDE or compiler might then just behave correctly 🙄

• Like 6

2 hours ago, FPiette said:

So, what would be the difference between people with and people without the problems?

* Installed packages ?

* Windows environment, version, updates ?

* Multiple Delphi IDE's open at one time ? (i've sometimes 3-5 open delphi ide's).

* FMX, VCL development ?

Looks sometimes a little bit like the dutch government nowdays,   EMB and the  MVP's denying the problems,  and we the "people" (eg normal users/customers) are stuck with the ..... 🙂 

Still wondering why no communication from EMB at all, they are on this Forum, better they refer to this forum, would be nice if the where some bit more active and/or responsive.

Edited by mvanrijnen

43 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

the MVP's denying the problems

No, we are not - some individuals who also happen to be MVP are.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stefan Glienke said:

No, we are not - some individuals who also happen to be MVP are.

Yes, ok. was just a little joke.

nofi

But i' m really curious where the different behaviour comes from, some people have never problems, and other again and again.

Maybe EMB should do a kind of investigation on the machines/projects what causes the problems at some people,

Edited by mvanrijnen

51 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

EMB and the  MVP's denying the problems,  and we the "people" (eg normal users/customers) are stuck with the ..... 🙂 

Still wondering why no communication from EMB at all, they are on this Forum, better they refer to this forum, would be nice if the where some bit more active and/or responsive.

They're not I posted a link to a webinar 3 weeks ago where @Marco Cantu admitted that he is in charge to resolve this problem and to release the hotfix. I guess the cold weather in Europe made slowed the release a bit down.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

They're not I posted a link to a webinar 3 weeks ago where @Marco Cantu admitted that he is in charge to resolve this problem and to release the hotfix. I guess the cold weather in Europe made slowed the release a bit down.

I have no speakers at my desktop at work, very difficult to listen to a webinar, it should not be that difficult, to communicate this kind of things in a way that's obvious for everyone, (email ???),  some subforum at this website ? 

Maybe, maybe if they think of it, on their own website, or maybe from within the IDE.

2 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

Maybe, maybe if they think of it, on their own website, or maybe from within the IDE.

Please not on their website' That site is the worst in the entire universe!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

But is there anyone using 10.4.2 without problems? Has anyone switched to this shameful bug-ridden version to work seriously?

I have... ouch.

I have 2 groups with 3-4 projects.

No packages of my own (that was a goal, i had a lot of trixing to do in my last huge project that included packages).

Lots of 3rd part components.

Still only 32 bit targets, only Win32.

One project is loaded with GUI-stuff in dfm's - the most problematic.

Server and services project act up sometimes too.

It is "functionally acceptable", hmmm.

It is problematic to say the least.

Today, Out of Memory when waiting for the "refactoring" popup menu.

4 hours ago, Davide Angeli said:

Excuse me but I'm just curious to understand in which kind of situations the IDE fails like in mine... Which kind of projects are you working on? A singole exe file?

I have almost no problems, but my projects are smaller - the largest one is about 1.5 M lines of code.

I use no runtime packages and since I stopped to use their translation manager, I do not use project groups anymore (to be more precise, there is only one project in the project group).

VCL apps for Win32 and Win64.

FMX apps for Win32, Win64, Android32, Android64, but these are much smaller.

Edited by Vandrovnik

2 hours ago, Vandrovnik said:

to be more precise, there is only one project in the project group

That could be a point of interest.

My setup is basically a lot of "Providers" that gets initialized with a global.

So one project group consists of projects with different combinations of "Providers" for different clients.

Out of Memory...

Out of Memory...

Out of Errors.

6 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:
6 hours ago, FPiette said:

it is easy to suppress the use of run time packages and compile everything in a single executable.

Are you volunteering to rework my application architecture if it's that easy - I have 100+ package projects in a project group

Unless you are doing unusual coding with packages such as explicit dynamic loading of package, compiling an application to use run time package or not is a matter of a project option (Link with runtime packages).

1 hour ago, FPiette said:

Unless you are doing unusual coding with packages such as explicit dynamic loading of package, compiling an application to use run time package or not is a matter of a project option (Link with runtime packages).

That's exactly what I am doing, since the packages are plugins that the user can choose not to load. It's no where near as simple as you make out. And really, my code and application architecture is not the issue here. 

• Like 7

On 4/14/2021 at 4:42 AM, Dalija Prasnikar said:

From that perspective, probably the most stable recent version is Tokyo - 10.2.3. Rio - 10.3.3 is also quite usable, but it does have less stable debugger, and new IDE styling can cause performance issues on low end machines. All those versions have better support for using high DPI in your applications. If high DPI is not imperative for you, and you are less inclined to make huge jump, then XE7 is probably the most stable version in between. XE7 is also good option if your code uses class helper for gaining access to private class members, since that was removed in Berlin 10.1.

That would make for an interesting resource...  a list of every recent Delphi version and what major problems each of them has for users to be aware of and suggested work arounds, if available.  

9 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

That's exactly what I am doing, since the packages are plugins that the user can choose not to load. It's no where near as simple as you make out. And really, my code and application architecture is not the issue here. 

I completely agree. I can't understand why I have to change my infrastructure (used for decades) just because Embd broke the toy ... For a thousand reasons that I am not going to list I absolutely do not want to have a mega gigantic single exe. After all, how is Delphi made? Isn't it an exe that makes extensive use of dll bpl files? It would be like telling someone who wants to use Ms Word not to use docx files use only plain text files because docx do not work and crash the program! If creating programs that run bpl and dll is not a recommended practice, Embd has to declare it out of the product box!

5 hours ago, Darian Miller said:

That would make for an interesting resource...  a list of every recent Delphi version and what major problems each of them has for users to be aware of and suggested work arounds, if available.  

I am afraid that list might be too long... and it would require input from large number of developers. It all depends on code you have and what kind of workflow you have at any given moment and for which platforms you develop. What is good version for some people, might be utmost nightmare for others.  And besides stability, there might be other reasons and bugs in the core frameworks which makes some versions unsuitable for some developers. Workarounds were usually move to another version and hope for the best. Without actually trying on your own code and working with some version, one can never know.

Since Embarcadero opened up beta testing for larger audience, it would be good that anyone who can participate. The more the merrier. It is also important to start testing early, because some bugs if found too late in the cycle may end up unfixed. Of course, all that also does not guarantee final quality and release success, but it can be significant factor. Literally one person can stumble upon critical bug that would end up in RTM, and all other testers might miss it for one reason or another. It is huge codebase, and we cannot test and use all features thoroughly.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Dalija Prasnikar said:

Would like to join the Beta, but can find not one usable link, searched for 15minutes.  Website is one big commercial shit.

We are on subscription license.

One would think that something like this is available from "The New Customer Portal".

Edited by mvanrijnen

For such critical bugs company as EMBT has to communicate openly on the status:

- what is reproduced

- where exactly is the problem (use cases affected)

- status of the fix

- open program to participate on the BETA of the hotfix 

- etc

All that give a real bad feeling that the developer team is somehow guessing around what change had what influence ...

Perhaps we should start a open petition https://www.change.org/start-a-petition?source_location=header

that we are as "developers discriminated" by EMBT as our rights to know when critical bugs get fixed is ignored.