SteveB42

No more floating form designer ...WTF! GExperts PLEASE HELP!!!

The removal of the floating form designer is a huge productivity killer.  There is no excuse for it's removal.  Maybe GExperts can fix this problem?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SteveB42 said:

The removal of the floating form designer is a huge productivity killer.  There is no excuse for it's removal.  Maybe GExperts can fix this problem?

It is one of the reasons I am sticking with 10.2,

Wasn't there an option now to have the embedded form designer on one screen and put an undocked secondary editor window on a second screen? I seem to remember reading a blog post about this.

• Like 1

We have stopped all maintenance renewals, and fixed all code to 10.3.2 for ever, or until they fix this absolutely inexcusable move!!!!!!!!!

Please calm down. There is no sense in hyperventilating now in a 1.5 years old thread.

In addition, useless a and total garbage have no objective meaning. If you want things to get better you should clearly describe where the current implementation doesn't fit your needs. Perhaps some slight adjustments to the workflow are enough to get you on track. If there still are issues they should be described properly so they can be evaluated and implemented properly. Pure ranting doesn't help at all.

OT: This reminds me of the move to the new Galileo IDE with the docked layout, where people said they will stay with Delphi 7 forever. I still feel sorry for all of them who did.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Uwe Raabe said:

OT: This reminds me of the move to the new Galileo IDE with the docked layout, where people said they will stay with Delphi 7 forever. I still feel sorry for all of them who did.

And after a few versions and much ranting the classic undocked layout had been reintroduced. Let's hope the same can happen again because I hate this new docked IDE where I cannot have several forms and code editor visible at once.

How to open more edit windows in case it is hard to find. 

It is kind of workable but does have some quirks - often get a blank area with a Move Designer button when switching around a lot and select the same thing in more then one place.

Delphi_NewEditWindow.png

Edited by Brian Evans