JeanCremers

after updating to windows 20h2 i can't register bcb 6 anymore

Well the title says it all, after updating to windows 20h2 i can't register bcb 6 anymore. I can't enter my registration key, it always says invalid.

There used to be a trick copying the registry entry for borland to to softwarewow6432node but it does not work anymore.

Please help, i depend on bcb 6 for my project.

Several reasons. Ask around, I'm not the only one depending on bcb6 for old projects. 

Edited by JeanCremers

Solved by deleting the LM registry key in hkcu\borland AND hkcu\borland\wow6432node

Edited by JeanCremers

7 hours ago, Der schöne Günther said:

I would honestly consider running 20 year old software in a virtual machine, not a real one.

Until a few months ago, I also depended on BCB6 for my full-time job (my software has reached its End-Of-Life, so this is no longer an issue), but in the past 15-odd years, moving it into a VM was never really an option.  The physical machine it ran in was over 500GB of logs, databases, backups, etc, so cloning it would have taken forever.  But more importantly, it had specialized PCI hardware installed that didn't work inside a VM, and I never had the time to create a new VM with just BCB6 installed.  I would have had to continue running my apps on the physical machine, but used the remote debugger inside a VM, and I wasn't too keen on that approach, either,

• Like 2