krystian-broniszewski

Delphi 10.4 Portable

There is no portable version of Delphi available afaik, however I suppose if you copy all necessary files from a PC where you installed Delphi to an other, it might work.

But, you have to read the EULA carefully though; I'm not sure if this kind of deployment is allowed.

Why installing it is not an option? In my personal opinion a fresh reinstall is always cleaner, guaranteed to work than attempting to "force it to life".

My version, is portable.

I have installed it on a notebook :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, Rollo62 said:

My version, is portable.

I have installed it on a notebook :classic_biggrin:

You, sir... 🙂

On 3/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, KodeZwerg said:

Install to Vm, take Vm file wherever you want = portable enough?

not such a bad solution. Slightly resource-consuming, but since there is no portable version! THANX!

40 minutes ago, krystian-broniszewski said:

since there is no portable version

I'm sure there is (pirated surely so no further discussion). Obviously they're not made by magicians so you can make it yourself as well (I remember there was software called Thinstall for such purposes). I'm not sure it will be strictly legal but if you own a legal copy, at least your conscience will be clear

• Thanks 1

For a while I played with a tool called Portable Delphi (on SourceForge) which made an existing (legal) Delphi 7 installation portable by reading all registry entries and adding a start program that created these entries before starting the IDE on a new computer.

This will not work with newer Delphis as the copy protection has become much more sophisticated.

I wonder thought whether this approach might be possible when using a network license. Under these licenses you can have as many installations as you want, but they need a license provided by the license server in order to start the IDE. It would probably even be legal as I can't see any significant difference between a regular installation and such a copy of the files. But I'm a software developer, not a lawyer, so I might be wrong here (as I'm often wrong as a software developer too).

On 3/26/2021 at 8:45 AM, dummzeuch said:
On 3/23/2021 at 11:06 PM, KodeZwerg said:

Excuse me Sir, I do not understand meaning of empty reply. If my tip aint good I feel sorry and will more think about it.

On 3/26/2021 at 7:47 AM, krystian-broniszewski said:

not such a bad solution. Slightly resource-consuming, but since there is no portable version! THANX!

You are welcome! (If this way is legal = I do not know, I am sorry!)

53 minutes ago, KodeZwerg said:

Excuse me Sir, I do not understand meaning of empty reply.

I accidentally started replying to your post and then found no way of deleting a quote once inserted into a post on a mobile browser. Deleting the contents of a quote is possible - thus the empty quote, but not the quote itself. Even cancelling a reply and starting a new one will not work. The quote is somehow preserved and automatically inserted into the new post. So the only way to actually post a new reply was posting the empty one first. Sorry about that.

With a desktop browser this problem does not occur, but that doesn't help if all I have available is a smart phone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

I accidentally started replying to your post and then found no way of deleting a quote once inserted into a post on a mobile browser.

hi @dummzeuch 

for delete a "quote area -- include all content" just do it:

• for easy way: have some text before and later your "quote area"
    • start your selection using the text "before or later" your "quote area"
    • now, just delete the selection or type any thing for replace it.
  • OR SIMPLY... hold CTRL+RIGHT-BUTTON-MOUSE and choice "REMOVE QUOTE"
  • it's ready!

image.thumb.png.9ccf9aa0ce61c68567868f917472399b.png    or image.png.084f17309dd6453d11b83fe88a6ef597.png

hug

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, emailx45 said:

for delete a "quote area -- include all content" just do it:

• for easy way: have some text before and later your "quote area"
    • start your selection using the text "before or later" your "quote area"
    • now, just delete the selection or type any thing for replace it.
  • OR SIMPLY... hold CTRL+RIGHT-BUTTON-MOUSE and choice "REMOVE QUOTE"
  • it's ready!

I didn't know that there was a context menu available when pressing the ctrl key - thanks for that - but ...

2 hours ago, dummzeuch said:

With a desktop browser this problem does not occur, but that doesn't help if all I have available is a smart phone.

... unfortunately my smart phone does neither have a mouse nor a ctrl key.

I already failed to add any text to the post before or after the quote construct, after I had deleted the text from the post. There simply isn't any way to set the cursor outside the quote.

Edited by dummzeuch

5 minutes ago, dummzeuch said:

I already failed to add any text to the post before or after the quote construct

this is indeed annoying that you can't insert text before a quote if you did not add some text prior quoting/inserting code block

is there a trick for that?

Edit: aha, drag and drop the block with the arrows on the topleft. phew....

Edited by Attila Kovacs

in PC, you can entry a text in another place, AND  drag-n-drop your "quote area" for it...

like:

my quote here

my new text-temp-here or any other place of course.

now just select your "quote area" and drag-n-drop over you "new-text-temp" ... it's ready!

you can delete your "new-text-temp" or do what your want now.

in smartphone, the priciple is the same, but using your "finger prefered  :___)))))" - of course, your finger is big, your problems will be too! :classic_cheerleader:

hug

21 minutes ago, Attila Kovacs said:

where exactly is the control right mouse button on a cell phone? 

if your selection is active, then, the button image.png.60e0aa84ba98fae5245366c3105e4e05.png  (like the phisical WinKey button on right of keyboard - I dont know the name)

but new smartphone use just VirtualKeyboard currently... then you need verify your VirtualKeyboard in your smartphone.

hug

Edited by Guest

On 3/27/2021 at 7:32 PM, Attila Kovacs said:

where exactly is the control right mouse button on a cell phone?  :classic_cheerleader:

USB Keyboard + USB host-capable phone or Bluetooth keyboard 😉

• Haha 2