FaFaFooey

First line of Code Insight not selected (10.4.2)

Hi all, I'm really trying to like Delphi 10.4.2 even without the floating form designer but one quirk I have is the Code Insight window.

In earlier Delphi versions when the Code Insight is invoked the top line is selected so I know if I hit enter it will use that word.

In 10.4.2 the top line is not selected when invoked but I can use the arrow keys and the line highlight will appear.  Does this happen to anyone else and is there a way to fix it?

I'm on Windows 7 using the dark theme IDE.

Thanks for your help in advance!

no_highlight.png

hi @FaFaFooey

Why won't the first line be selected by default?

The answer is simple:
In this version of this edition, RAD allows you to find a property name / function / var / etc ... by the partial part of its name, so in many cases you will have "multiple matches found" ... so how select one, if, several possibilities may occur?

Look your screenshot: you have 1 param and 2 procedures... then, what it would be selected? and, what would be your option desired? you see? the Insight does not nothing about this.

Understood?

hug

Edited by Guest

Hey @emailx45I've been using Delphi since version 5 and in every version Code Insight highlights the top line when invoked no matter what.  Don't try and tell me Code Insight never did this because of partial matches...here are 2 screenshots of Delphi 10.2 and 10.3 and both show the top line highlighted.  Even videos on YouTube showing features of 10.4 have Code Insight with the top line highlighted.  So, all I'm asking is does this happen to anyone else so I know mine is broke????

no_highlight_10.3.png

no_highlight_10.2.png

• Like 2

if you pay for that, go to support.

else, change for VS by MS. :classic_cheerleader:

if dont like, patience.

for me, it's all right. 

😂

hug

Edited by Guest

oh so now you're saying the top line of code insight in YOUR Delphi is highlighted after you told me "the Insight does not nothing about this"?  I noticed that all your replies on this site seem to be giving completely wrong answers and then you get arrogant and pricky when called out on it.  Also you got some nerve to tell me about "pay for that" when your username on Google is associated with pirated everything.  Maybe you should "change for VS by MS" and go away.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, FaFaFooey said:

In earlier Delphi versions when the Code Insight is invoked the top line is selected so I know if I hit enter it will use that word.

In 10.4.2 the top line is not selected when invoked but I can use the arrow keys and the line highlight will appear.  Does this happen to anyone else and is there a way to fix it? 

I'm on Windows 7 using the dark theme IDE.

Thanks for your help in advance!

no_highlight.png

Hi ,

I'm using 10.4.2 and it works as expected

image.thumb.png.076aa0043042e3df51e1d8317404eef6.png

Althought it's not selecting the first option, apparently it selects the closest match, in this case, the cursor remains over "Load" til I type "e" then it moves to "loaded"

Are you using some IDE plugin? (I'm using Delphi as it came in the world! )

Clément

I have removed some offtopic-rants.

Please stay focused on topic.

Personally, I am very annoyed by this behavior. I see the first line is what I need. I will automatically press Enter and NOTHING.

I tried this on two different installations with all kinds of different options set for CodeInsight and it always works.

Both were on Windows 10 though so it could be an OS thing or interfering with some other third party plugins (I remember cnPack interfering with CodeInsight before)

On 3/29/2021 at 10:18 AM, FaFaFooey said:

In 10.4.2 the top line is not selected when invoked

This happens (and always was the case) with the following settings:

image.thumb.png.48f55cf921dc1677adb4d7faa8ea3b10.png

• Like 1