bazzer747

Firedac and MariaDB

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a MariaDB database. I have MariaDB v10.3.24 installed on a NAS Server (32bit version). I can access it using HeidiSQL and see my tables etc. But from Delphi I'm not. I have also loaded MariaDB onto my PC, same version (the 32 bit version) and can see this from HeidiSQL. In my TfdConnections I have the same parameters as I see from the HeidiSQL Session Manager, so I know they are correct.

What I get (trying to access either instance of MariaDB) is a message 'Cannot load vendor library [...libmariadb.dll ...]. The specified module could not be found. Hint: check it is in the PATH or application EXE directories, and has x86 bitness..'

Well, I do have libMariaDB.dll in the EXE directory, I also have it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\MariaDB 10.3\lib directory, and both these paths are set as search paths in the project options. It is also in the Windows PATH environmental variable.

I'm sort of at a loss now as to what else I can do. The error message would appear to be giving wrong information

MariaError.jpg

3 hours ago, bazzer747 said:

I'm sort of at a loss now as to what else I can do. The error message would appear to be giving wrong information

hi @bazzer747

your "VendorLIB" and "VendorHOME" was defined to path where the DLL is in?

many PHYS-drivers needs this info when not in develoment environment.

image.png.86b9b17421cbcde29e549225d0ad21f9.png

hug

Edited by Guest