ICS V8.66 has been released at: http://wiki.overbyte.eu/wiki/index.php/ICS_Download

ICS is a free internet component library for Delphi 7, 2006 to 2010, XE to XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio and 10.4 Sydney, and C++ Builder 2006 to XE3, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio and 10.4 Sydney. ICS supports VCL and FMX, Win32, Win64 and MacOS 32-bit targets. The distribution zip includes the latest OpenSSL 1.1.1k win32, with other versions of OpenSSL being available from the download page.

Changes in ICS V8.66 include:

1 - Added a new TIcsInetAlive component to check for IPv4 and/or IPv6 internet connectivity, using Ping and/or HTTP, defaulting to  www.msftconnecttest.com run by Microsoft for Windows 10 alive checking. The online and offline check intervals may be set, and event fires when online state changes.  Sample OverbyteIcsHttpRestTst has a demo for new component.

2 - OpenSSL 1.0.2 and 1.1.0 ceased security fix support over 12 months ago so ICS now only supports 1.1.1, with 3.0 support due in the next few months. This removes a lot of legacy code and functions, and several old ICS functions needed for backward compatibility.  Two components only used for 1.0.2 have been removed, TSslStaticLock and TSslDynamicLock which may give an error loading forms, until they are removed.  SslContext SslOptions is now ignored, use SslOptions2 instead which has more modern options.  Can not remove SslOptions because it's saved on too many DFMs. Most modern applications should not be using SslConext, but IcsHosts for servers for high level client components like TSslHttpRest.

3 - Undertook a major clean-up of OpenSSL functions that may require end user application changes if low level OpenSSL functions have been used, hopefully very rarely. All OpenSSL functions have been renamed to their original names removing ICS f_ prefix for commonality with other Delphi applications.  Renamed literals BIO_CTRL_PENDING_, CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS_, CRYPTO_LOCK_, OPENSSL_VERSION_ with underscore to avoid conflicts with functions of the  same case sensitive names. Removed unit OverbyteIcsLibeayEx not used for a while. Most OpenSSL type pointers to Dummy array are now
simple Pointer type. Changed most OpenSSL var parameters to pointers for commonality.  New TSslWSocket method SslOK is TLS/SSL negotiated OK. LoadVerifyLocations no longer lets OpenSSL use default CA folder locations which is potentially a security risk.

4 - Bring server SSL/TLS security levels up to latest Mozilla recommendations. In 2021 Mozilla now recommends TLSv1.3 as modern ciphers and TLSv1.2/1.3 as Intermediate supporting all browsers from last five years, so IcsHosts now use sslCiphersMozillaSrvTLS12 as Intermediate level, also Mozilla recommends no cipher server preference so changed that. Updated SslSrvSecurity levels: sslSrvSecInter, sslSrvSecInterFS and sslSrvSecHigh now all the same TLSv1.2 or 1.3, sslSrvSecTls12Less now TLSv1.2 only, sslSrvSecSsl3 not supported, only sslSrvSecBack supports TLSv1 and 1.1, sslSrvSecTls13Only  unchanged TLSv1.3 only.

5 - Added support for YuOpenSSL which provides OpenSSL in a pre-built DCU statically linked into applications, rather than using external OpenSSL DLLs. This make application distribution more reliable since it can not fail by users deleting the DLLs or copying incompatible versions into the directory.   YuOpenSSL is a commercial product from https://www.yunqa.de/ and is supplied as separate compiled DCUs for Delphi 5 to 10.4. DEFINE YuOpenSSL in Include\OverbyteIcsDefs.inc determines whether the DCU is linked or the external DLLs.  Note only one version of OpenSSL can be linked with  YuOpenSSL, whereas different DLLs can be supported.  Apart from setting the define and adding a path to YuOpenSSL.dcu, no other application code changes are needed unless you check or report the DLL directory, when GSSLStaticLinked can be checked to see if OpenSSL is statically linked. Also worth noting that YuOpenSSL provides access to the all OpenSSL APIs, while ICS only accesses those DLL APIs needed for functionality we support.   

6 - Added a better way of configuring Socks proxy and HTTP Tunnel proxy settings in TWSocket, similarly to that added for THttpCli in V8.62. The new ProxyURL property sets SOCKS or HTTP Tunnel proxy settings using a single URL, ie proto://[user:password@]host:port where proto is socks5 or http. Also added new methods SetSocks and SetHTTPTunnel to set proxy properties in a single call. Socks proxy and HTTP tunnelling again support host names, broken in V8.56. The sample OverbyteIcsSocksTst has been updated to demonstrate use of the new ProxyURL property and also now supports HTTP
Tunnel proxy.

7 - TIcsRestEmail has new OAAuthType property and event for OAuth2 browser URL perhaps via email for servers. TIcsRestEmail now sets OAuth2 errors, and clears old tokens. Increased default timeout for TIcsRestEmail AOuth2 login to 120 seconds since several web page warnings may be seen while attempting to login through the web page.

8 - TIcsHttpMulti has a new ParseLevels property that follow links on a parsed web page to lower level pages, which are also parsed, looking for files to download with a specific file extension, ie .avi.  It ignores parent links without a file extension, and external links. This allows the component to download files indexed using HTTP from CCTV camera memory cards.

9 - In TSslHttpRest ensure SSL is initialised for non-REST HTTP requests like GET, POST and PUT.

10 - In TSslWSocketServer, added better error handling when IcsHosts SslCert is blank, so SslContext is still created for automatically created self signed certificates.

11 - In TSslWSocketServer, TSslHttpAppSrv and TSslHttpSrv, added new onBeforeCtxInit event which if set is called once before each IcsHosts SslContext is initialised to allow the context parameters to be adjusted for special ciphers or protocols.

12 - In THttpCli, AddrResolvedStr is now still available after the connection closes to report the IP address used for the connection.  When using an HTTPS proxy with the CONNECT command don't send host and port which some servers are unable to handle, probably broken with V8.64.

13 - In TIcsMailQueue, added a new method CheckOAuthLogins that should be called before the queue starts when using OAuth2 email logins, which allows interactively checking with a browser of any OAuth2 login credentials, avoids asking for login first time email sent maybe days later. 14 - In TSslX509Certs, When starting the local web server for file challenges,  check the server IP address still exists or change to 0.0.0.0, may not work if multiple IPs exist.

15 - Updated to OpenSSL 1.1.1k with two high security fixes, one introduced in the last version relating to a certificate chain validation that ICS does not use, the other relating to servers using TLSv1.2 and renegotiation, and that feature is removed in V8.66.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Thank you! I just updated to 8.65 and now 8.66 and 1.1.1k as I try to figure out this problem:

Unfortunately the problem persists in 8.66 with 1.1.1k and I'd still love to get that issue resolved.

I can say that 8.66 compiled fine (via Delphi environment) for my VCL usage with C++Builder in Sydney 10.4.1. Of course I had to set all the projects in D104InstallVclFmx.groupproj to generate all C++ files... I did not build the FMX projects though.

Edited by HTMLValidator.com

Sorry, your redirection problem needs actual testing and not had time in the last two weeks for anything new.

Angus

On 4/7/2021 at 2:30 AM, Angus Robertson said:

Sorry, your redirection problem needs actual testing and not had time in the last two weeks for anything new. Angus

Thank you. Totally understand the time issue. However, this is a big issue for me so I hope that you will be able to find the time to help with it soon. UPDATE: Looks like you responded already... so nevermind... thanks!

Edited by HTMLValidator.com

Is there a chance to see an (un)official Git repository? :classic_blush:

Would make updating the component much more easy :classic_blush:

• Like 1

How would a Git repository be more beneficial than the existing SVN repository? 

I'm afraid I dislike Git, my past experience of it is very poor, very time consuming to make contributions and I do not have the time to learn any more about it. 

There are very few contributors to ICS, maybe one external fix a month, easily handled by SVN. 

Angus

We switched from SVN to git (on GitHub) this year.

I really do not miss SVN at all, which sort of surprises me since I've used SVN for years.  

We use the UI from GitKraken with GitFlow, which makes it very trivial to make contributions.

It integrates with our Jira, so it is trivial to create a branch for a specific issue on your to-do list.

The best part is the ability to quickly switch between multiple local branches, and easily see who made what changes to a file.

Browsing a Delphi git repository with VS Code, GitLens and OmniPascal gives amazing clarity.

I know Git is much better than SVN, but I would rather spend my limited time improving ICS than learning Git and migrating our systems built around it.

Whoever finally takes over as ICS maintainer will need to start again since SVN runs on my hosted servers.

Angus

On 4/1/2021 at 3:46 PM, Angus Robertson said:

6 - Added a better way of configuring Socks proxy and HTTP Tunnel proxy settings in TWSocket, similarly to that added for THttpCli in V8.62. The new ProxyURL property sets SOCKS or HTTP Tunnel proxy settings using a single URL, ie proto://[user:password@]host:port where proto is socks5 or http. Also added new methods SetSocks and SetHTTPTunnel to set proxy properties in a single call. Socks proxy and HTTP tunnelling again support host names, broken in V8.56. The sample OverbyteIcsSocksTst has been updated to demonstrate use of the new ProxyURL property and also now supports HTTP
Tunnel proxy.

@Angus Robertson

I've been testing the SOCKS5 support on TSslHttpCli this morning, which did not work. OverbyteIcsHttpProt.pas has this code:

{ V8.62 if proxy URL is passed, parse it as proxy properties }
    { http://[user[:password]@]host:port }
    if (Length(FProxyURL) > 6) and (Pos (':', Copy(FProxyURL, 6, 9999)) > 5) then begin
        ParseURL(FProxyURL, Proto, User, Pass, Host, Port, Path);
        { pending, check https for SSL proxy, maybe socks for socks proxy }
        if Proto = 'http' then begin
            FProxy := Host;
            FProxyPort := Port;
            FProxyUsername := User;
            FProxyPassword := Pass;
            if (FProxyUsername <> '') and (FProxyPassword <> '') then
                FProxyAuth := httpAuthBasic;
        end;
    end;

This was the first attempt, but only "http" is supported. Pending means not implemented?

The second attempt was setting TSslHttpCli.SocksServer, TSslHttpCli.SocksPort, TSslHttpCli.SocksLevel. Which ended up in HTTP client connecting to SOCKS IP address and port 443 because the TSslHttpCli.URL is a "https://" URL.

All this is really messed up. TSslHttpCli.CtrlSocket is being configured correctly but TSslHttpCli bypasses those settings.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to trick the HTTP client?

Tried searching Google and this forum for solution.

I'm on ICS 8.70.

The new ProxyURL property is currently only for simple proxy servers in the HTTP client component, for SOCKS you set the SocksServer, SocksPort, SocksLevel, SocksAuthentication, SocksUserCode and SocksPassword properties, as shown in OverbyteIcsHttpsTst.dpr sample.

As the source comment suggests, the single ProxyURL property could be updated to support more proxy options like SOCKS, but no-one has asked about it before.

Angus

It works! Several of SOCKS5 that I tried were faulty. Thank you!

Edited by FearDC