billyb

Delphi 10.4.2 cannot find new ios provisioning profile

I am trying to update the provisioning profile used by my IOS app.

The provisioning is an IN-HOUSE

I created downloaded and installed the new provisioning profile

I am able to install in on my IPAD and it the app works so I know it matches to the certificate

I am not able to locate the new Profile on the provision page in delphi. It onlys show the OLD one.

Is there something I need to set or clear to have delphi show my new profile.

Both the new and old profiles are the same type and identifier.

My apps expire in 7 days so I am under pressure to fix this

Thank you for any help.

Fixed, Had to create a new signing cert, even though the last one had not expired.

@Alex Texera In macOS, run KeyChain and from the menu (should be under the first menu item, and then under Certificate Assistant) select command Request a Certificate from a Certificate Authority. Fill in the fields (enter a description and your email), then press the button to save the certificate signing request file on your computer. You might want to prepare more than one request, eg. for iOS development, iOS distribution, macOS development, macOS distribution, and so on.

Log in at https://developer.apple.com. A membership to Apple Developer Program would be needed to have your software on the App Store.

On that website:

1. section Certificates: upload the certificate signing request file (i.e. the file created with Keychain). Once a certificate is generated, you should download it and install it (double click) on your Mac. This step should be repeated for each certificate needed (e.g. iOS Development, iOS Distribution). Please upload a different certificate signing request file (i.e. a file generated with Keychain) each time.
  2. section Identifiers: enter a an app identifier
  3. section Devices: enter the UUIDs of your Apple devices
  4. section Profiles: select the type of provisioning profile (e.g. iOS Development) and select (as defined in previous steps) app identifier, certificate, and devices. Download this file and install it (double click) on your Mac.

Hope this helps.

Edited by f.m
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Alex Texera said:

How create provisioning profile?  Do you have any example?

The simplest way is to use Xcode because it will create and download profiles automatically https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev154b28f09

Add your developer ID to XCode, create new application in Xcode with the same id your Delphi application has and run that application on device in debugging mode. Xcode will automatically perform the whole setup and then you just need to pick that profile in Delphi.

You can also create and download those profiles manually, but it is longish process.

• Like 1

@Dalija Prasnikar Where I can find or add "developer ID" in my Project in Rad Studio?

"create new application in Xcode"  What choose here?

newApp.jpg

Edited by Alex Texera

1 hour ago, Alex Texera said:

@Dalija Prasnikar Where I can find or add "developer ID" in my Project in Rad Studio?

You add that in Xcode (somewhere in Preferences). RADStudio does not have that option because it can handle only downloaded provisioning profiles.

"create new application in Xcode"  What choose here?

newApp.jpg

Any one will do. The selected one is fine.

• Like 1

@Dalija Prasnikar 

Is below images solution for "Add your developer ID to XCode"?

After create new application in Xcode and "Add your developer ID to XCode" in Delphi RadStudio   Project > Options > Deployment > Provisioning I can choose Provisioning profile?

signing.jpg

Edited by Alex Texera

Is below images solution for "Add your developer ID to XCode"?

Yes. But you need to run application from Xcode at least once. I don't remember whether running the application is just for preparing the particular device for debugging - or you also need to run it for triggering creation of provisioning profiles, too.

5 minutes ago, Alex Texera said:

@Dalija Prasnikar Tnx for help but after create blan app and run from Xcode I again don't see in Rad Studio Provisioning profile....

Maybe there is some bug in RAD Studio. I currently don't have my Mac connected so I cannot check the current behavior. 

What are the versions of software in your setup: RAD Studio, Xcode, macOS?

• Thanks 1

Try restart PaServer, somtimes this hangs somehow.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Alex Texera said:

Rad Studio  - 10.4

Xcode - 10.1

macOS - High Sierra

----------------------------------------

When go to https://developer.apple.com/   I don't see section Certificates  above answer from @f.m

dev.jpg

Please note that, as mentioned, a membership to Apple Developer Program would be needed to have your app on the App Store.

This is also indicated here (RAD Studio 10.4 wiki, page Joining the Apple Developer Program)

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Joining_the_Apple_Developer_Program

Regarding Apple Developer Program, it would be beneficial also to read this page, section Distribution

https://developer.apple.com/programs/whats-included/

Then, once logged-in at https://developer.apple.com, you should find item "Certificates, IDs & Profiles" under Program Resources, please see screenshot.

image.thumb.png.ae6d73c621e48d77bc4de75d5f0c5f4b.png

Once "Certificates, IDs & Profiles" is selected, a page regarding pertinent items (e.g. Certificates, Identifiers, Devices, Profiles) is shown.

For additional information please also consider:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/IOS_Mobile_Application_Development

Edited by f.m
  • Thanks 1

Tnx all for help, essentially I have two option:

1. Login to Apple Developer Program 299 $ annual fee @f.m proposal.

2. @Dalija Prasnikar solution create blank app from Xcode.

I will try second option my focus is Android, for IOS I want to see how it works how build simple blank app from Rad Studio to my IPhone devices.

18 minutes ago, Alex Texera said:

1. Login to Apple Developer Program 299 $ annual fee 

The annual fee is 99$. The higher 299$ fee is for large organizations that want to distribute their internal iOS applications without going through AppStore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1