sjordi

List Index implementation?

Hi,

Does anybody know whether a Index component exists for lists?
In iOS it's sectionIndexTitlesForTableView and it adds the alphabetic index on the right of the list for quick jumping (see picture).

I have been suggested to add a floating frame and build it myself, but I can foresee the problems and incompatibilities on all platforms

If something already exists, I would be happy to learn about it.

Thanks for any help

Steve

indexedtable-demo.jpg

hi @sjordi

see about "INDEX" on "FMX.ListView.TListView.NativeOptions" in your help system. It do it!!!

Shows an index on the right-hand side of the list with the first letter of each header. You may tap a letter to navigate to the header that the letter represents.

If you want to display something other than the first letter of each header, use the IndexTitle of each header item to define a custom text to show for that header. Long index titles may hide important information behind them, use no more than few characters

image.thumb.png.c04e50d83fea708fa9dfafd5f12ad234.png

hug

Ok  thanks for that info. I did not formulate correctly my question.

I tried it but it doesn't appear no matter where I set it to true or not.

In the LiveBindings designer I used my ListView Item main field to link it to ItemHeader.Text and IntemHeader.Break.
I correctly see the groups in my listview, it's fine, but no index on the right.

The NativeOptions is set to Indexed = true (Grouped = true or false doesn't affect the result)

[Added: It works, the ListView should be set to ControlType = Platform] 

But it works only on iOS. I need something that would on Windows, macOS and Android?
Is there anything similar that works on all platforms?

Something like what was available on the first versions of Outlook in the contact section.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by sjordi

the "INDEXES" is for iOS use only, as said on HELP!

• Type of control that the list view uses, either Styled (default) or Platform (native).
  • FMX.ListView.TListView.ControlType inherits from FMX.ListView.TListViewBase.ControlType. All content below this line refers to FMX.ListView.TListViewBase.ControlType.
  • Type of control that the list view uses, either Styled (default) or Platform (native).
  • Note: FireMonkey currently supports native controls only for the iOS platform. If you set the ControlType property to Platform, the control displays as native in iOS, but this property is ignored for other platforms, such as Windows and Android, where this component has the standard FireMonkey presentation; as if ControlType was set to Styled.
  • TPresentedControl.ControlType provides general information about the ControlType property and how the Platform value affects any control. This page provides information specific to list view controls.

TListView has a ControlType property. If you set it to Platform, you will get the iOS platform native rendering at runtime using the underlying OS. This also allows you to take advantage of the NativeOptions property. If you set it to Styled, it will use the bitmap-based FireMonkey styles (either using the default built-in styles or custom styles applied via a StyleBook) and the control will be implemented by FireMonkey’s GPU driven rendering at runtime.

more details here

https://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/exploring-the-new-tlistview-platform-options-on-ios-in-rad-studio-xe8

hug

Edited by Guest

Yes thanks, I know.

That's why I ask whether there is another FMX component that does the same thing.
I need this on all platforms.

Steve