Sign in to follow this  
j0h4n76

IOS SIMULATOR ON SYDNEY 10.4

Can I Use the IOS SIMULATOR Compiler without IPHONE / MAC BOOK Devices?

I found on google search about Virtual Mach.

Which consumes less memory between VMWARE and VIRTUALBOX?

Or Maybe IPADIAN (47 Mbyte),
there's nothing we can do.

Is there anything easier and faster without both Virtual Mach?
so that I can get the IOS output file.
from android file (APK) to IOS FILE.

I only have 1 laptop and Android phone.

Please provide the best and fastest solution with little memory consumption + Link (Tutorial Solutions)

Thank You

Simulator is part of XCode and works only on a Mac.

You may find solution to actually have Macs as a Service, but it's pretty expensive most of the time.

You can't develop and target iOS and macOS without a Mac. Everything you target to those OS are packaged and signed for you through XCode.

That's why you would need Paralle or VMWare Fusion on a Mac in order to run Rad Studio in a Windows environment and be able to talk to the Mac.

If you're just playing and experimenting, then you could try a hackintosh - it's what I used until I had some real work that would justify buying a real mac - that said, it was slow and prone to crashing, but as it was just my own time being wasted, I didn't really mind.

@david_navigator

That came to my mind first as well, but I never tried that out.

I use VM's on a real Mac.

From my "Apple-Experiences" I would expect such Hackintosh should be limited in so many ways, that it will be hard to make real work with it.

Yes, but its offers pay-as-you go 1$ / h.

If you are able to align your work, mainly working and testing under Windows, so that you just use it as a final build test approval, it could be worth it.

image.png.c04e976aa3e2eafa45408b2a43d5467a.png

But it would be much better to check out for some used hardware ...

Using a simulator for iOS is not my recommendation anyway.

Check out the platform status of Firemonkey, this only supports older simulators anyway, so it will be hard to work with them only.

This cannot reflect the real behaviour of an iPhone, and you will see many issues when moving a running app in simulator to a real device.

In that stage, with a final app, finding any failures is close to zero.

If you need just pure and simple TForm/Button/Edit/Memo/... designs, and never use anything special from the iOS hardware/permissions/etc., it could be possible in the simulator.

If your goal is not to put a productive app on a real device or in the AppStore, just for checking out iOS, OK maybe.

On 4/7/2021 at 4:17 PM, Rollo62 said:

@david_navigator

That came to my mind first as well, but I never tried that out.

I use VM's on a real Mac.

From my "Apple-Experiences" I would expect such Hackintosh should be limited in so many ways, that it will be hard to make real work with it.

It's certainly not robust enough for commercial use, but as a hobbyist it allowed me to get an experimental app to the apple store without any real apple device.

I now have a powerful macbook and other than the speed and the lack of occasional unexplained crashes, the user experience is pretty much the same.

2 hours ago, david_navigator said:

... to get an experimental app to the apple store  ...

I doubt exactly that, but if you can bring an app to simulator and then to the AppStore, please let us know :classic_smile:

I am running 11.2.3 Big Sur on virtual box, XCode 11.5.  The downside is there is little graphics acceleration, so do not expect to test a UI application at real speed.   I would recommend 8GB ram for the VM and 4 procs.

You can experiment with it from here, results will vary with hardware, just remeber to add the extras in VBOX:

https://www.soupbowl.io/2020/04/macos-in-virtualbox/

https://www.wikigain.com/create-macos-big-sur-iso-image/