Sign in to follow this  
HollosCs

10.4.2 LSP code completion error

After update Windows 10  with Comm. update 20H2 KB5000802,
Code insight code completion not work. nothing happen when I write comma '.', or Ctrl-space.

Is Code completation iWork ing for you in 10.4.2?

Edited by HollosCs

1 hour ago, HollosCs said:

Is Code completation iWork ing for you in 10.4.2?

for me it does, sometimes it stops working.

Because we work on VM's from 10.4.2 on, they are always on, when i end the workday i commit (svn) and close the rdp session.

And sometimes, then the nextday it is not working. 

LSP is much better then older versions.  

Were in the VM's on Windows 10 20H2  Build 19042.867 

Edited by mvanrijnen

Yes, indeed. If I uninstalled it on my VM  the 2021-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5000842)

code completation  is working again. Windows 10 20H2  Build 19042.867 is right version for Delphi.

Edited by HollosCs

27 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

There are still issues with the LSP, ErrorInsight, CodeCompletion etc.

See the list at: Issue Navigator - Embarcadero Technologies

Please vote, a scream to EMB 🙂 

[RSP-33648] When are LSP, ErrorInsigh, CodeCompletion issues serious addressed ?? - Embarcadero Technologies

Unfortunately this RSP not even worth to read it there is no information in it it should be rejected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lajos Juhász said:

Unfortunately this RSP not even worth to read it there is no information in it it should be rejected.

the info is given by all the other RSP's about LSP etc, i see this as the only way to communicate with EMB. 

1 minute ago, mvanrijnen said:

the info is given by all the other RSP's about LSP etc, i see this as the only way to communicate with EMB. 

A wonder what company would react in a positive way for a quality ticket that nothing is working and the product is falling apart. An individual issue can be investigated and most probably be fixed, but a general statement that the *thing doesn't work* will not help in anyway.

We have to wait for the hotfix that should fix the error that slipped into 10.4.2 and then report the new issues. 

Just now, Lajos Juhász said:

A wonder what company would react in a positive way for a quality ticket that nothing is working and the product is falling apart. An individual issue can be investigated and most probably be fixed, but a general statement that the *thing doesn't work* will not help in anyway.

We have to wait for the hotfix that should fix the error that slipped into 10.4.2 and then report the new issues. 

What hotfix, i did not get any mail from EMB about a hotfix, nor did i get it through our supplier. 

We don't hear anything, only, can you send a sample project for every bug we inject to QA at EMB.

We do that, en then we hear nothing. 

How many individual issues about the LSP etc you want to see? 

1 minute ago, mvanrijnen said:

We do that, en then we hear nothing. 

How many individual issues about the LSP etc you want to see? 

I posted a link yesterday to the Webinar where Marco Cantu answered to my question about the Internal Errors in Delphi 10.4.2 most probably it's a bug in the compiler/LSP whatever that causes multiple problems with the IDE. He said that some customers received the hotfix and the feedback is positive. He didn't said anything about when the fix will be available for the public.

How much individual issues would I like to see? For every issue that could cause Internal Error, Access Violation or that the IDE dies.  I can live with bugs that doesn't crash the IDE. Once again we cannot know what fix is being tested as Idera/Embarcadero will not give information about that to the public (in my opinion it's the wrong choice).