HTMLValidator.com

C++ Code Insight in 10.4.2

Every time I update I hold out a little hope that Code Insight will start working again for my real-world C++ projects.

Unfortunately, this hasn't happened in years.

When I hit Ctrl+Space, it very briefly changes the mouse pointer but does nothing. In the "Projects" Tool Window, there's a "Code Insight Activity" bar. What the heck is that suppose to do? Mine seems to always show "CodeInsight: Stopped".

Is there a link that explains everything to check for in order to get Code Insight to work in C++? For example, all the requirements for it to work... and things to avoid that might break it. And it would be extremely useful if there was some way to see any messages that "Code Insight" might generating as to why it is failing.

Also, if anyone has a real-world C++ project and Code Insight actually works for you, then please let me know. I'm curious if it works for anything other than tiny demo apps.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Lajos Juhász said:

The available information can be found at: http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Sydney/en/Code_Insight_Reference

You can always try to enable logging and read the logfiles.

Thanks.... I'll start there and see if I can finally get it to work.

If anyone else has any other ideas or resources then please share.

Also, I'm still interested if it works for anyone here for any "real world" project.

Edited by HTMLValidator.com
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, HTMLValidator.com said:

Thanks.... I'll start there and see if I can finally get it to work.

Any news on this? Did you got it to work?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daniele Teti said:

Any news on this? Did you got it to work?

I "played" with it briefly but had to move on to other things. Never got it to work. Maybe I'll try again and spend more time on it when I eventually upgrade to Rad Studio 11... or by some "magic" maybe they will fix C++ Code Insight in 11 and I won't have to waste time on it..

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, HTMLValidator.com said:

or by some "magic" maybe they will fix C++ Code Insight in 11 and I won't have to waste time on it..

What's done for version 11 is secret only for the next two days. I believe after that @David Millington

or @Marco Cantu can give you more details here or you can ask on the webinar. Unfortunately I will have to skip this product preview.

1 hour ago, Roger Cigol said:

The link for a RAD Studio 11 preview is Desktopfirst summit - rad studio 11 preview

That's not the complete product preview only contains information about user interface. The full preview is going to be tomorrow:

Have you registered yet? RAD Studio 11, Delphi 11, and C++Builder 11 are just around the corner! Join Marco, David, and Jim for this sneak peek at this huge leap forward in your favorite development tools. September 9th at 9 AM / 1 PM / 6 PM CDT. Register here: https://embt.co/SneakPeek-RAD11

@Lajos Juhász Did you notice that the link that you posted actually goes through facebook?

Edited by luebbe

How can they release a product where a main feature just isn't working. I was utterly surprised finding that out in the community edition. Just seems to mean noone except a few old customers is using it? Just a plain empty vcl project won't work except when you switch to the classic compiler. And it seems in 11 it is still not working and super slow at that. What are they thinking?

• Thanks 1