Anubis_68

Installing ICS v8.58 on CBuilder 10.1

I missed 2 ErrCodes, that was one of them. This is the output with the extra info.

1331914796_Screenshot2021-05-10at12_48_54.thumb.png.0e5788daca7a23a2f7d779872093ad04.png

Can I assume 0 is success ?

I also added the TWSocket and TFtpClient to my test app, and that builds fine.

I don't understand why I get the unresolved external with one and not the other.

HandshakeDone error=0 means the session connected OK, but does not tell you anything about the certificates received, you need to code that yourself, or use a better component as I suggested last week like TIcsIpStrmLog which does this for you.

Angus

Is there any documentation on what I need to do with TIcsIpStrmLog?

Also looking through the Delphi example I notice an error, which won't fail because it is technically correct, just a copy and paste error.

713441673_Screenshot2021-05-10at14_59_42.thumb.png.b8a04dc0eb28c32a60a89062e16a0924.png

I'm assuming line 517 should be IpLogClient not IpLogServer, because that line already exists on 509.

I kept playing with my test app and finally got the same problem I had before, with the unresolved external.

I got it by adding a THttpServer.

My original program already had the HttpServer ( tested and working unfortunately ) so I had to remove it for now.

Good news for a change.

My app is communicating with AWS using SSL.

I'm using the TSslWSocket with TSslContext and it's publishing MQTT data to the AWS, which has been verified by the client.

No not aware of that.

But I'll take a look.

I can currently receive MQTT Publications and Subscriptions from devices and brokers, and I can connect to brokers on normal and ssl connections, to Publish and Subscribe.

I can also connect and collect data from several third party IOT devices, that don't use MQTT and pick up live data using a TCP connection.

This is the main reason for the connection to AWS, so the building data can be published to the cloud.

The Delphi-MQTT project seems well written, but does not use TLS/SSL, easy to add that.  I published a wish list here 18 months suggesting this could be added to ICS, the main issue is testing. 

This telemetry stuff really needs to be tested with non-Delphi applications and appliances, ideally in a real world environment, and I don't knowingly have any such things.  Do have lots of Alexa capable devices on my LAN, no idea if they run MQTT.

Angus

Yes it looks well written, but it's only MQTT v3 - current is v5 - so some work needed to bring it up to the latest.

I didn't delve to deeply, but I think it might be client side so it needs to connect to a broker.

And yes lots of testing.