pgraham9999

Strange message from Seattle

As of today, when I start Delphi, and it settles down, I get the message "Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely,.  The webpage contains content that will not be delivered using a secure HTTPS connection."  This has never happened before.  Windows 10 doesn't show any updates in the last 2 weeks and I haven't updated Seattle.  The screen gives me 3 choices: Yes and No do nothing (no web page displayed), More Info loads Edge and takes me to a Microsoft support page to buy Office 365. 

When I load a program, and anytime I open or close a module, I get this message.  I guess that Seattle is trying to tell me something with a web page, but it never has done this before, and I do not see the page.

Any thoughts?

Phil

That is because the IDE uses an embedded Internet explorer control to display web content from Embarcadero.com. Whenever there's something from with scripts or certificates on their end, error messages will be displayed on your computer.

Sorry for the long delay...

After much searching, and trial and error, I happened on a post suggesting renaming Startpageide260.bpl.  When re-starting the ide, I was told that file was missing, did I want to skip.  Clicked YES.  Delphi no longer loads the start page.  No Security message.  But also no recent program list! (except from the FILES menu  I renamed the file back, but still no welcome page.  I find nothing on options or in the registry that will turn it back on. (should have left it alone!) 

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, pgraham9999 said:

bI see the option in 10.3 (community edition) but not in Seattle.

Main Menu on 10.3,10.4.2 Tabs  has Welcome Page.  10.2 has a Toolbar for the code Browser. Selecting a dropdown brings up menu button for Welcome page.(It's tab is named Browser).  10.2 is where I got on.    I wonder if you to register Startpageide260.bpl !!!!   That's the version number for 20 or 10.3  You having older version 10.0 should be a smaller number.      

The help file with Seattle says the welcome page should be under VIEW, but it is not on mine.  I am guessing that when I replied to the question did I want to not load the welcome page, and I replied no, that it set some flag somewhere that suppresses any mention of the welcome.

When I mentioned register I should have said install package.    Open install packages under the Component menu.

Use add to add Startpageidennn.bpl by clicking on it.  Here's a table of version numbers. 

above didn't work. 

Delphi conditional VER<nnn> Product Product Version Package Version CompilerVersion
VER340 Delphi 10.4 Sydney / C++Builder 10.4 Sydney 27 270 34.0
VER330 Delphi 10.3 Rio / C++Builder 10.3 Rio 26 260 33.0
VER320 Delphi 10.2 Tokyo / C++Builder 10.2 Tokyo 25 250 32.0
VER310 Delphi 10.1 Berlin / C++Builder 10.1 Berlin 24 240 31.0
VER300 Delphi 10 Seattle / C++Builder 10 Seattle 23 230 30.0
Edited by Pat Foley
crossed out wrong turn

Thanks Pat,  

I tried your suggestion from an email rather than the forum you had edited.  Just to confirm, it didn't work.  I was able to add the package, when I re-opened, I got an unable to register a duplicate Key binding(??), but still no Welcome Page.