bazzer747

Outlook Server Execution Failed

Hi,

When I create emails in Outlook using Indy they all work without a problem. I'm using Office365, so the latest version of Outlook.

However, when that same code is executed on a different PC, one that uses Outlook 2003, I get 'Server execution failed, ProgID: 'Outlook Application'

The start code for the email application is:

try
      Outlook:= GetActiveOleObject('Outlook.Application');
    except
      Outlook:= CreateOleObject('Outlook.Application');
    end;

When I google I get various replies to this issue, but wondered if any Delphi guys have hit this problem and know of a solution. Maybe a different way to open an Outlook instance?

What does this have to do with Indy?  You are getting an ActiveX/COM error, not a socket error.  Either Outlook is not installed, or it is malfunctioning, or your app simply doesn't have permission to run it.

It may be that the Outlook 2003 OLE server lacks some of the interfaces that your OLE client implementation requires.

2003 is pretty ancient...

Yes, don't think those two are compatible,   (2010), 2013,2016,2019 should work for the most common things,  besides i think it's a hazard to still run OL2003 (so is 2010  (&2013?) no more security fixes)

Am I an idiot for not checking before post. Yes, wrong forum (I was working with Indy just prior and brain didn't disengage when I did this post, sorry). AND, a typo, the failure was on Outlook 2013 not Outlook 2003! 

I've since tested on Outlook 2010 and the code works fine. I'm thinking it's more of a permission thing on the client's PC, rather than Outlook itself. 

However, I'll shift this post to the correct forum now ...