EdwardG

FMX Keydown converts F4 to 's' and trigger my button's click()

Hi all,

I am a newbie of FMX and this forum though I had been used Delphi VCL for years till D7.

Recently I tried to code something using FMX and encountered a small issue:

Delphi 10.3 community edition, Win32:

I had a TButton in a FMX 2D form with "text" property "&Scan". I found if I pressed "Alt+F4" it would trigger my button's click().

I tried to trace the FMX code and found TCommonCustomForm.KeyDown() calls TWinAcceleratorKeyRegistry.TAcceleratorKeyReceivers.EmitAcceleratorKey() in the very beginning and treats F4 as word=115 then converts to 's' key and calls the button's click().

I can do some workarounds but is this a bug? Or is there any elegant way to avoid this from happening?

TIA

Edward

Hi,

It's a known and reported bug RSP-16453, till your post I had no idea of this one :classic_angry:

Or is there any elegant way to avoid this from happening?

No idea, except modifying unit containing  TWinAcceleratorKeyRegistry

Edited by Serge_G

Thank you for your information. I also reported it as a bug yesterday. Did not notice it was an old one.

You know, I found Delphi is a little bit buggy right now. IDE crashes or AV sometimes. It was my favorite years ago.

8 minutes ago, EdwardG said:

Thank you for your information. I also reported it as a bug yesterday. Did not notice it was an old one.

Good thing to report it another time because I don't know if EMB report RSP of a version to another one (hope so but ...), even if you should have a "closed : duplicate case" (I'm used to this kind of response  when I report one):classic_wacko:

You know, I found Delphi is a little buggy right now. IDE crashes or AV sometimes. 

Yes, there are quite some but decreasing (even if I don't use 10.4 for production, I should make another try with 10.4.2 when I'll be a little less busy).

My idea for IDE crashes : LSP is a good thing but need memory, more than 4Mo I recommend 8 minima (I will soon make my HP laptop open-heart surgery to 16 I think)

It was my favorite years ago.

Still mine, and now I am a FMX, LiveBindings fan, all my new desktop pro applications (even if Windows only) are FMX, but the first steps were hard!