RaelB

Theme updates incomplete

Hi,

I'm using 15.0.33. If I change to Dark Theme, and then back to Light theme, the members area remains dark:

image.thumb.png.e72dda1d3f4fb1d3cc98004acb821b02.png

If there are members, they will fill up the box with the correct theme, but there is still an area left in dark theme:

image.png.6ee70a4d7fed241dc52f108f24e38839.png

I'm using Delphi 10.3.2

Thanks

Regarding IDE themes I have given up trying to act 100% correct. As switching themes back and force is a rare process and the fact that the display is correct on the next IDE start led me to the decision to leave things as is for the moment.

• Like 1

Ok. Recently, I have been using Dark Theme at night and Light Theme during the day, so have been switching themes quite frequently :classic_smile:.

• Sad 1

I have seen this issue with my IDE plugin too... the problem is the IDE is not a normal VCL app when it comes to themes(it uses a custom version vcl themes).. and some controls just don't get told to repaint or that the theme has changed. I wasted a lot of time on this, but it's really an IDE problem. Delphi 10.4 is better with this than 10.3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RaelB said:

Ok. Recently, I have been using Dark Theme at night and Light Theme during the day

Edit: OT, sorry!

The thing is, when your eyes are running every evening, you should rest.

To make your eyes run a little less, use dark theme always.

In fact, the "dark theme availability" (over several apps/tools) has made my eyes much better the last couple of years.

The "hard" thing is to "get used to" stuff looking completely different. The "eye catchers" you are used to are all inverted. After 30 years you must allow for some "getting used to" time.

To implement a dark theme, all visual colour-based indications need to follow. A lot of apps/applications miss that so dark is like unusable (my app too).

When fixed, dark is the absolutely best. Notes and Outlook even inverts the "Rich Text" areas. I would say 3-5 years before (for example) DevExpress RichEdit can do the same.

I tell my clients users (only a few has actually clicked a dark skin) to have some patience because either i pollute the new project with hacks or i wait 3 years and all skins will (hopefully) work. At least better.

Edited by Guest
Ouch, i came from another palce, that was OT. Sorry!