FPiette

StackOverflow annual developer survey needs Delphi developers answering the survey

In case anyone else wonder what to specify for the Development Environment, we have to type in "Delphi", "C++ Builder" or "RAD Studio" (RStudio is something else).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mvanrijnen said:

some questions are a bit personal 

It's just data.

Under the question "What do you do when you get stuck on a problem" I filled in "Masturbate". I hope they use that for a good cause 🙂

• Haha 1

Is it valid to name en.delphipraxis.net as a platform where you can find answers to your Delphi related problems?

2 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

Is it valid to name en.delphipraxis.net as a platform where you can find answers to your Delphi related problems?

Why not? I did.

2 minutes ago, Lajos Juhász said:

I did.

21 minutes ago, David Heffernan said:

Who does this help? 

You are completely right, I should have answered 哦□�

That should have helped the devs to find out that there is nothing wrong with their input encoding 🙂

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Clément said:

No coffee addict option? This survey made me feel alone.

I'm with you, don't be scared 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clément said:

No coffee addict option? This survey made me feel alone.

I would guess it is because coffee is assumed.

• Haha 2

They profile gender, race, age, social and physical variations, education, income.

Next step is political preference, sexual preference, previouse convictions, racism. 

35 minutes ago, Leif Uneus said:

They profile gender, race, age, social and physical variations, education, income.

Next step is political preference, sexual preference, previouse convictions, racism. 

In my opinion that is pathetic way to collect (useless) information to propagate an agenda.

If it was for me to put questions in such survey, i would ask such very useful and informative questions like

Weight, in personal view and people around view.

Hair color, and i am not talking about the color of the hair itself but the age induced white hair, aka wisdom hair.

Back and neck problems.

Bile and gallstones and the MF kidney stones.

How many lines you do per x period. (not talking about code lines)

Toxins consumption and other life delights preferences, Caffeine, Nicotine, Caocao, Prozac, Sugar, Salt, Xanax, Aspirin ... etc , the daily usual stuff.

12 hours ago, Kas Ob. said:

Hair color [...]

They could use this information combined with the location to show "There are redhead / brunette / etc coders in your area" popups :classic_happy:

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, aehimself said:

They could use this information combined with the location to show "There are redhead / brunette / etc coders in your area" popups :classic_happy:

Dream on. It would be:

"There are mostly gray headed/bald Delphi developers in your area"

• Haha 7

38 minutes ago, aehimself said:

Name: Victoria

Preferences: hardcore C, sometimes vanilla JS. No Python! Group coding: probably.

• Haha 3