Sign in to follow this  
Himie

Using FDMemTable

• Members
  • 2 posts

Hi There (Reposting here as think might reflect more on databases than datasets where posted previously)

I am using (or trying to use) FDMemTables and it is not cooperating.  I am using the Community edition of Delphi 10.3 with Windows 10.  I have a DataModule in which I have placed the respective FDMemTables and in the OnCreate event I have put the Field Definitions and create the table as below:

with fdmAdmin.FieldDefs do begin       // fdmAdmin
      clear;
      Add('ID',ftString,4);
      Add('Num',ftString,4);
      Add('SaveLocation',ftString,80);
      Add('LastPurchOrder',ftString,30);
      Add('LastInvoice',ftString,30);
      Add('LastReceipt',ftString,30);
      Add('CurrentJournal',ftString,30);
   end;
   fdmAdmin.CreateDataSet;

In another Unit (which references the DataModule1 in its Implementation Uses) I have the following code:

DataModule1.fdmAdmin.Active := true;
if DataModule1.fdmAdmin.RecordCount < 1 then begin   // if no records means starting and no saving previously done
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin.Append;
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin.Edit;
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin['LastInvoice'] := '0000';
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin['LastPurchOrder'] := '0000';
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin['LastReceipt'] := '0000';
      DataModule1.fdmAdmin.Post;
end;

I get the message 'Cannot open dataset [TFDMemTable].  A DataTable or a DataView must be supplied.  Hint:  if this is a TFDMemTable, use CreateDataSet or CloneCursor to open dataset.'

There is a CreateDataSet in the DataModule1 code.  Anyone point me in the right direction here?  Thanks heaps.

Himie

Hi Ralf

No, I have not referenced the CachedUpdates at all

Cheers

Himie

3 hours ago, Himie said:

I get the message 'Cannot open dataset [TFDMemTable].  A DataTable or a DataView must be supplied.  Hint:  if this is a TFDMemTable, use CreateDataSet or CloneCursor to open dataset.'

There is a CreateDataSet in the DataModule1 code.  Anyone point me in the right direction here?  Thanks heaps.

Place a break point in the DataModule most probably you didn't excecuted the code there and fdmAdmin.FieldDefs remains empty. That's the only way you get this error message.

Thanks

I hvae the DataModule1 in the auto-create forms part so should execute.  Will investigate this further.  Thanks for the tip.

Himie