Der schöne Günther

OmniPascal: Auto-Implementation of methods not working

OmniPascal appears to be having auto-completion since 2015:

implementmethod2.thumb.gif.ed32fbede5f11ee89d0ba3bfd0fe2550.gif

However, this option does not exist for me - There is no quick fix available:
image.thumb.png.cef81e1e14c57626b98c45f863b4bd9e.png

Any idea what I might be missing? Code completion is working fine, by the way.

Update: Turns out the file must be saved to disk first, then it's working.

Edited by Der schöne Günther
Found out the cause

No idea if this is true or not, but last I heard (don't remember where I heard this) he was working for embarcadero on their LSP. 

In the meantime, I have found out that the file needs to be saved to disk for auto-implementation to work. I was not aware of that. 🤦‍♂️

It's the first time I'm using Omni Pascal beyond for actual compiling/running unit tests. So far, I had only used it as a simple editor to write code, then copied it back into Delphi.

7 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

No idea if this is true or not, but last I heard (don't remember where I heard this) he was working for embarcadero on their LSP

In that case, my laudable applauds!

Saw the issue "SmartPascal - OmniPascal".

I have an old bad conscience where i got Mr. Budde to start implementing a VC LSP for SmartPascal (w/o the RTl-ish stuff). The project never kicked off (mostly because of my neglect).

But it would be an absolute BOON if Emba + Wosi would author [VC] LSPs for both Delpi/Freepascal.

And if the SMS team would have an interest, they could do VC by plugging into Delphi LSP. But they want to sell their IDE + RTL-ish stuff.

6 hours ago, Dany Marmur said:

But it would be an absolute BOON if Emba + Wosi would author [VC] LSPs for both Delpi/Freepascal.

I very much doubt embarcadero would have any interest in doing anything for freepascal - as for VSCode - they have their hands full just getting LSP to work properly for the delphi IDE (it's a work in progress right now).