Daniel

Welcome to the English speaking Delphi-PRAXiS

Google+ used to be a great place for the international Delphi-community. But it will be shut down next year, so there was a need for a new home.

The German speaking community “Delphi-PRAXiS” exists since 2002 and became one of the most important Delphi-communities in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Now we want to make the next step: We created an English community parallel to our existing German community. We all wish that this community will experience a similar success as our German community.

If you already are a German speaking Delphi-PRAXiS user, you can use your existing account, but you have to reset your password.

Please visit the following page and follow the instructions: https://www.delphipraxis.net/pages/clone_account.html

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you, Daniel, for opening the International Delphi-PRAXiS forums for the G+ Delphi Developer refugees! In my opinion, this is the best possible outcome from having to leave G+. We strengthen as a community, and get access to a properly managed, fast, independent, ad-free forum with proper formatting of source code, RSS support, good UI and that actually works well on mobile too!

I am a happy coder today!

• Like 4

Thanks Daniel and everyone else working hard on it. Looking forward to see this design coming to the German community too.

... 🐈 ...

Edited by sakura

Just now, sakura said:

Thanks Daniel and everyone else working hard on it. Looking forward to see this design coming to the German community too.

Full ACK.

The modern Design looks nice.

Good job

Sorry to be a downer... But something that's not app based doesn't really cut it in today's day and age. The idea of having to go to a website for seeing posts, not having push notification isn't intuitive... especially when we have all come from something like G+. Just my opinion. Finally, we do what everyone wants. ☺️

Just now, Markus Kinzler said:

This forum works well on mobile devices, too. You don't need an app.

Yes it does and I am not suggesting it doesn't. However, the idea of not having an app based, group focused, non push notification based forum for Delphi just doesn't sit well with me. 

Maybe I just need to give it more time... It may grow on me. 😉

Well. I don't like apps for each and every website. I am for example reading three or four newspapers online. And I don't want to install an app for every newspaper.

5 minutes ago, NIRAV KAKU said:

Yes it does and I am not suggesting it doesn't. However, the idea of not having an app based, group focused, non push notification based forum for Delphi just doesn't sit well with me. 

Maybe I just need to give it more time... It may grow on me. 😉

Just signed in in Chrome on my Android. Asked me if i want to recieve Notifications. So if you quote me here that should push something 😉

Just signed in in Chrome on my Android. Asked me if i want to recieve Notifications.

Notifications work on desktop browsers, too.

21 minutes ago, Memnarch said:

Just signed in in Chrome on my Android. Asked me if i want to recieve Notifications. So if you quote me here that should push something 😉

Okay, so I signed in from Chrome (Android) and it asked for notifications which I allowed. Bookmarked the site too. 

Now I am going to shut my browser and wait to see if I get notifications. If I do... I am a happy man! 

3 minutes ago, NIRAV KAKU said:

Now I am going to shut my browser and wait to see if I get notifications. If I do... I am a happy man! 

Happy? 😉

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Happy? 😉

Unfortunately no.

No notifications unless I open chrome and visit the site... Which is the way I guess it should work anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Michael Puff said:

If the site is not opened, it can't send notifications of course.

Mh yes. But from what i understood, regarding the Pushapi in chrome, it can work in the background. However atm on my chrome(android 7), it doesn't seem like it actually creates push notifications but only blends in a custom overlay while i browse the site.

2 hours ago, Markus Kinzler said:

But you can build it yourself.

Gues what i want to Experiment with XD