Daniel

Welcome to the English speaking Delphi-PRAXiS

Thanks Daniel and the Team for opening this door, i feel welcomed and comfy with all those new functions (compared to german dp)

Hope all will be sweet in here aswell! I will stick around.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KodeZwerg said:

Thanks Daniel and the Team for opening this door, i feel welcomed and comfy with all those new functions (compared to german dp)

Hope all will be sweet in here aswell! I will stick around.

....i second this!

Hi everyone! I'm happy to join this site. I've been an observer of the Google+ community, but never created an account there because of my dislike for Google+.

welcome to the community. 🙂

yes, people are different. some prefer the big global acting social networks, others prefer the classic forums.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:28 AM, Markus Kinzler said:

Innvion Community will replace the old software in the german forum in the future.

It will be a hard  Job until it's done.Thanks to Daniel and the staff members.

greetings

K-H

Kudos on getting this forum up and running, but please consider hosting it somewhere more central (like the US). From Australia each page load is painfully slow (5+ second page loads).  Hosting in the US would even out response times for more users (obviously it would make it slower for europe). 

26 minutes ago, Vincent Parrett said:

Kudos on getting this forum up and running, but please consider hosting it somewhere more central (like the US). From Australia each page load is painfully slow (5+ second page loads).  Hosting in the US would even out response times for more users (obviously it would make it slower for europe). 

It almost got to be in Europe, as it is run by a European person (Daniel 😉). Going abroad, outside the EU, is hard in regards to the DSGVO (privacy laws), as it is almost impossible to guarantee a provider to obey those laws at sensible prices. Especially with US gov agencies trying to access anything and everything nowadays.

... 🐈 ...

6 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

It is not noticeably slower for me when using an "Australia Web Proxy"

http://www.zalmos.com/australia-proxy

6 hours ago, Vincent Parrett said:

From Australia each page load is painfully slow (5+ second page loads).

Bad connection in the outback? 😄

I noticed a rather slow performance as well (compared to the german DP). Assuming both forums beeing hosted on the same server cluster, I have to guess that the new board software just adds a little bit of overhead. But no big deal for me 🙂

36 minutes ago, Zacherl said:

I noticed a rather slow performance as well (compared to the german DP). Assuming both forums beeing hosted on the same server cluster, I have to guess that the new board software just adds a little bit of overhead. But no big deal for me 🙂

I cant't confirm this.

4 minutes ago, Markus Kinzler said:

It depend also on the local machine.

Sure, but both times were measured on the same machine. The German DP has an average load time of 350ms for me while the Englisch DP takes 1300 seconds to load. This is what the Chrome "Network" graph tells me (pure network load time, without any render/CPU related delays).

The JavaScript part seems much more complex. The difference between vBulletin ( german) and IPS (here) is higher on less powerfull machines.

1 minute ago, Markus Kinzler said:

The JavaScript part seems much mory complex. The difference between vBulletin ( german) and IPS (here) is higher on less powerfull machines.

As I said: I only measured the pure network load times, not the CPU/Render/JS stuff. Ok, some content might be loaded by JS, but my machine is not slow at all. i9-7900X @ 4.6GHz, 64GiB RAM, Samsung SSD 950 Pro. I'm going to upload some screenshots.

1 minute ago, Markus Kinzler said:

The data to be transfered is also higher. The delay from the js stuff adds extra time.

Jup, might be the problem. But as I said: No big deal at all. Just noticed that.

Frontpage (first one = DE, second one = EN):

chrome_2018-10-30_16-57-10.png.cab74cca3ae6b16ab0f45c6eb78a1971.png

chrome_2018-10-30_16-57-40.png.3c7038912d43c702dd0d4432f21025e3.png

Random thread (first one = DE, second one = EN):

chrome_2018-10-30_16-57-58.png.d43c6e26b401895916f2b4ff5c7d38ed.png

chrome_2018-10-30_16-58-20.png.16b6ff79a2f89e1ba3fcf4d423c9269b.png

Yes, yes ... you are right. Or at least not completely wrong. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously - the German forum is highly optimized. This forum here is still quite close to a default installation. There is room for improvement.

• Like 2

Loading the same page without logged in, TTFB 40ms. 

Over a hetzner ssh-tunel it drops to 250ms when logged in.

Non-logged in connection almost the same, ~40ms.

Edited by Attila Kovacs